Author Topic: Neil Carey constable on Ballarat Goldfields 1854 with unknown friend for cleanup  (Read 4477 times)

Offline McGroger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Convicts, Commoners and Outlaws
    • View Profile
Re: Neil Carey constable on Ballarat Goldfields 1854 with unknown friend for cleanup
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 19 February 19 01:49 GMT (UK) »
Square version. :)
Peter
Convicts: COSIER (1791); LEADBEATER (1791); SINGLETON (& PARKINSON) (1792); STROUD (1793); BARNES (aka SYDNEY) (1800); DAVIS (1804); CLARK (1806); TYLER (1810); COWEN (1818); ADAMS[ON] (1821); SMITH (1827); WHYBURN (1827); HARBORNE (1828).
Commoners: DOUGAN (1844); FORD (1849); JOHNSTON (1850); BEATTIE (& LONG) (1856); BRICKLEY (1883).
Outlaws: MCGREGOR (1883) & ass. clans, Glasgow, Glenquaich, Glenalmond and Glengyle.

Offline Trishanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Neil Carey constable on Ballarat Goldfields 1854 with unknown friend for cleanup
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 19 February 19 01:52 GMT (UK) »
Aussielass, Just for a laugh, here he is sat outside his own hotel.
Pat
Bownass - Lancashire & Westmorland
Hoggarth - Lancashire & Westmorland
Jackson- Lancaster
Waller - Dent, Yorkshire dales
Omerod - Lancashire
Redburn - Lancashire
Evans - Hereford

RESTORERS please do not use my restores without my permission THANK YOU

Offline a chesters

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 19 February 19 01:54 GMT (UK) »
Pat, they are both brilliant.

Am in awe of what you can do.

AC

Offline bitzar

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Good things come to those who wait...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 19 February 19 02:44 GMT (UK) »
Just saying....

I wonder what happened to the other blokes arm?!?!.... or is it under his Jacket?!?!

Bitzar.
ROBERTS / ROBERT / ROBERTSON (Paternal) - Dunbartonshire/Stirlingshire, Scotland
NEWEY - Leicestershire, England
FITZGERALD - Co. Cork - Ireland
HOWLETT - Suffolk, England
PHILMORE - Wiltshire, England
CHAPMAN - Cornwall - England
NICHOLLS - Cornwall - England
SHAW - Nottinghamshire, England
PRITCHARD - Salop, England
ROBERTS (Maternal) - Surrey, England

Offline Aussielass

• RootsChat Senior
  • Rooney the Wonder Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 19 February 19 03:01 GMT (UK) »
My try. :)
Peter
Both versions look great Peter, Neil has been cleaned up and repositioned perfectly!  I must add, that I had a chuckle about your renaming of the file - "without unknown friend"  ;D ;D

Aussielass, Just for a laugh, here he is sat outside his own hotel.
Pat
Pat, what can I say, I love your sense of humour, and Neil sitting out the front of his own hotel looks fabulous!!  How clever are you!!!   ;D ;D  It's priceless!!

Thanks again, Peter and Pat,  Kind Regards, Aussielass  :-*
Duggan, William - Wales c.1795, Australia
White, Eleanor - Queens Co. Ireland c.1810
Aspinall, Alexander - Lancashire
Beardsell, Jonas - Huddersfield, Yorkshire
Anderson, William - Ballyrashane, Londonderry, Ireland 1802, Australia,Vic,Tasmania
Cochrane, Mary Ann- Agadowey, Derry, Ireland - 1835
Langford, Richard - Brierley Hill, Stafford/Blakedown, Hagley, Worcester, NZ, Aust.
Cann, Eliza - Grantchester, Cambridge - 1839
Tait, Christopher - Delting, Shetland - 1854
Johnson - Shetland

Offline Aussielass

• RootsChat Senior
  • Rooney the Wonder Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 19 February 19 03:05 GMT (UK) »
Just saying....

I wonder what happened to the other blokes arm?!?!.... or is it under his Jacket?!?!

Bitzar.
Yeah, me too Bitzar, I'd love to know!  I feel a bit mean extracting him from the photo, but without knowing who he is, I wanted to stick to Neil on his own, and everyone has done a fabulous job in creating just that!! :)
Anderson, William - Ballyrashane, Londonderry, Ireland 1802, Australia,Vic,Tasmania
Langford, Richard - Brierley Hill, Stafford/Blakedown, Hagley, Worcester, NZ, Aust.
Johnson - Shetland

Offline McGroger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Convicts, Commoners and Outlaws
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 19 February 19 05:06 GMT (UK) »
Pat, you've inspired me. And seeing how my favourite beer turns 150 this year, I couldn't resist this.

With apologies to Aussielass...

Neil has swapped his pipe for a schooner of beer, and he's acquired a smile and a couple of friends to share his afternoon break.

"Till, charged with ale and unconcern,
"I'll think it's noon at half-past four!" [The last two lines of 'Country Towns' by Kenneth Slessor.]

Peter
Convicts: COSIER (1791); LEADBEATER (1791); SINGLETON (& PARKINSON) (1792); STROUD (1793); BARNES (aka SYDNEY) (1800); DAVIS (1804); CLARK (1806); TYLER (1810); COWEN (1818); ADAMS[ON] (1821); SMITH (1827); WHYBURN (1827); HARBORNE (1828).
Commoners: DOUGAN (1844); FORD (1849); JOHNSTON (1850); BEATTIE (& LONG) (1856); BRICKLEY (1883).
Outlaws: MCGREGOR (1883) & ass. clans, Glasgow, Glenquaich, Glenalmond and Glengyle.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 19 February 19 05:39 GMT (UK) »
This photo is excellent.

Aussielass, do you know if Neil had any brothers or cousins? Although the men don't really look alike, and there are many obvious differences, I think they have a similar look about the mouth (or is it just their moustaches?) and the chins are similar, though Neil's face appears rounder though it may be because he is facing the camera a bit more directly. Their left ears (on the right as we look at the photo) also have a similar shape.

It looks like the other chap's arm is under his shirt/jacket, maybe in a sling.  :)

Offline Aussielass

• RootsChat Senior
  • Rooney the Wonder Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 19 February 19 06:57 GMT (UK) »
Pat, you've inspired me. And seeing how my favourite beer turns 150 this year, I couldn't resist this.

With apologies to Aussielass...

Neil has swapped his pipe for a schooner of beer, and he's acquired a smile and a couple of friends to share his afternoon break.

"Till, charged with ale and unconcern,
"I'll think it's noon at half-past four!" [The last two lines of 'Country Towns' by Kenneth Slessor.]

Peter

Peter, no need for an apology, and I'm sure Neil would appreciate this classic pose, especially if it was a stinkin' hot summer afternoon in the land downunder!!  In Summer beer is the best thirst quencher, not that I'm a beer drinker..... but the sight of the cold glass of beer on a hot summer's day has a strong appeal!!   ;D ;D   I love it Peter, just like I did Pat's, plus your file renaming!!  :P :P   

Johnson - Shetland