Author Topic: Ancestors in Brockmoor and Brierly Hill  (Read 389 times)

Offline Michmoor

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestors in Brockmoor and Brierly Hill
« Reply #9 on: Friday 22 February 19 11:51 GMT (UK) »
Death listed as a latin sounding name, "Morbus Cordis Anasarea" something like that, I've been told its a bit of a dustbin term if they are not entirely sure.

The re-marriage certificate does say she is a widow.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Michmoor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 23 February 19 20:04 GMT (UK) »
Update:

Spent time at the Dudley Archive office, established he did die in 1927, however this opens up another mystery as Great Gran married in 1917 and is listed as a "widow" not true!

I think I will try and find out if the marriage was somehow dissolved, but not sure how to go about this, suggestions please?

Kind regards

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 23 February 19 21:49 GMT (UK) »
Oh dear.  Maybe Great Gran just left him then and when she met someone else she wanted to marry claimed she had been widowed. 

I don't know about dissolving at that time but perhaps there would be something in newspapers.
Hinchliffe Huddersfield Wiltshire

Offline BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 24 February 19 10:24 GMT (UK) »
Oh dear.  Maybe Great Gran just left him then and when she met someone else she wanted to marry claimed she had been widowed. 

I don't know about dissolving at that time but perhaps there would be something in newspapers.

Nothing to do with Staffordshire but I had a couple, in Yorkshire, who obtained a divorce in 1871 (yes, that's right 1871).  They both remarried in 1873 - she had reverted to her maiden name and "Condition" was stated to be "Divorced Woman".  He remarried as a "Widower".

Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY