Author Topic: St Philip's, Sydney, birth/baptism dates 1805-1815  (Read 2851 times)

Offline GeoffTurner

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: St Philip's, Sydney, birth/baptism dates 1805-1815
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 21 February 19 07:36 GMT (UK) »
It's all a big help, thanks to every one for their replies! Geoff

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: St Philip's, Sydney, birth/baptism dates 1805-1815
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 21 February 19 09:03 GMT (UK) »
May I please urge you to seek out the images of the actual St Philip's registers or at least the reliable transcriptions rather than copy/paste the index entries found at Ancestry which can be compiled from combining indexes of older indexes and thus even their database headings can let you down.   

In my opinion the Biographical Database of Australia is turning up with a very high standard of transcribed documents and the detailed info on their sources is well worth reading. If only other databases were put together with such informed teamwork and with such reliable transcribers having such access to primary sources.  Of course some of its entries are based on submissions  and others are from reference books that are secondary sources, but you can clearly see that the editorial team shows these differences and cite their sources.

JM

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.