Author Topic: Lacy/Byrne families in Coolgarrow/Ballintemple  (Read 199 times)

Offline katieh15

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Lacy/Byrne families in Coolgarrow/Ballintemple
« on: Thursday 21 February 19 22:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

There are a lot of Byrne's families in the Ballintemple area, specifically Coolgarrow. It's getting harder to trace who goes to each family. Has anyone grouped the Byrne's into specific families yet? If so, would love a link to this information.

My 3rd GGmother was Catherine Byrne's, born circa 1841 to Peter and Catherine. They lived in Coolgarrow when she married William Lacey from the Coolahullin/Ballycoog Lower. His parents were Martin and Marion Jane. Mother's name hard to read so I am guessing. I believe Catherine's first son, John was born (1857) when she was very young to a boy/man named Johannes Ryan. (pure speculation based on research) She didn't marry William until 1859.

I have searched the NLI, RootsIreland and numerous other sites. I am unable to find birth records for either of them or wedding records for their parents. I would love to know more about their families and what the area was like back in the mid-1800's. I plan on doing a genealogy trip there next year and am trying to find as much information as possible for my trip, as well as for my tree.

Thank you for your time,
Katie

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline ourgang

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Lacy/Byrne families in Coolgarrow/Ballintemple
« Reply #1 on: Friday 22 February 19 12:01 GMT (UK) »
Have a look at the Catholic Parish registers for Arklow,
hope this link works
https://registers.nli.ie/registers/vtls000633295#page/135/mode/1up
McGuirk, Jordan of Wicklow
Carr of Liverpool
Connor of Blackrock

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online hallmark

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Online hallmark

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Online hallmark

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline katieh15

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Lacy/Byrne families in Coolgarrow/Ballintemple
« Reply #5 on: Friday 22 February 19 18:39 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much. This is great information. Looking forward to seeing these cemeteries in person.  I've searched through the church records, but can't find their specific births or marriages. Wishful thinking someone had transcribed all the information into spreadsheet. I'll keep looking. :)