Author Topic: Devon/Dorset brickwall  (Read 458 times)

Online pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
Re: Devon/Dorset brickwall
« Reply #9 on: Friday 01 March 19 03:04 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Nanny jan. I've already been wading through whatever registers they have for western Dorset.
From what I've read Whitlock appears to be a fairly strong Devon name, so perhaps I might need to expand my searches over the border into Somerset.
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Carrington, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Bentham, Holloway, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Yorks, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
Re: Devon/Dorset brickwall
« Reply #10 on: Friday 15 March 19 05:15 GMT (UK) »
An update on my brickwall.
There is a will of a Thomas Tucker dated 1740 that mentions the Whitlock girls. Ann and Mary are sisters, with two more: Grace and Joan. Joan is the burial in 1779. Their mother Hannah is also mentioned in the will. Interestingly she is described as a singlewoman.
At this stage I am not certain if Thomas Tucker was the father (no mention of relationship in the will), as he did leave property and money to the four sisters.
The other point is in the will they are consistently described as now known as Loader, or als Loader.
I'd welcome help with this, or people's thoughts and opinions.
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Carrington, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Bentham, Holloway, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Yorks, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.