Author Topic: Poland:...hitting a wall  (Read 168 times)

Offline Amy Clemann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Poland:...hitting a wall
« on: Saturday 23 February 19 04:20 GMT (UK) »
my Grandfather Wladyslaw Kacprzyk was born on April 16 1921 in Tczew Poland his parents were Francis and Agnes Ciemcioch. I cannot find records anywhere of his parents or siblings. My mom remembers him mentioning many siblings but only a Jozef and Bronia by name...I know this is a lot to go on and I should be able to find something. But I am fairly new to family history and genealogy and am severely stuck. Any help finding information on Francis and Agnes would be very appreciated.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Poland:...hitting a wall
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 23 February 19 04:53 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat  :)

I wonder if this family is yours on Family Search https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QKRX-TLCG   You have to log in but it is free to use

Kay

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Amy Clemann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 23 February 19 05:18 GMT (UK) »
yep that's a direct tag to his obituary. I do have an account on family search and ancestry.

Offline tonepad

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 23 February 19 07:28 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat!

They Polish forms of the forenames are:

Agnieszka for Agnes
Franciszek for Francis

Tony
Aucock/Aukett~Kent/Sussex, Broadway~Oxfordshire, Danks~Warwickshire, Fenn~Kent/Norfolk, Goatham~Kent, Hunt~Kent, Parker~Middlesex/Gloucestershire, Sellers~Kent/Yorkshire, Sladden~Kent, Wright~Kent/Essex