Author Topic: JOHN MORRIS  (Read 139 times)

Offline aussie-girl

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
JOHN MORRIS
« on: Sunday 24 February 19 03:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Everyone,
I am after some information as to where I might find the records for an undertaking in Adelaide, please
My Great Grandfather John Morris (1848-1937) died in Semaphore on 20 th Feb 1937 .
According to a newspaper notice , the burial was to take place at the Methodist Section of the Mt Barker cemetery . The undertaker was P Le Cornu,
I have exhausted my search with the cemetery etc to no avail.
His wife, daughter & grand child are also buried there ,but have been assured he isn't buried with them
Would the undertakers records show a plot number etc ?
It appears he may have been left of records that have been digitilised.
Any help appreciated
AG

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline giblet

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: JOHN MORRIS
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 24 February 19 08:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi, i have read the funeral notice i would suggest contacting the cemetery again with a copy of the notice and see what response you get then. By all accounts it appears he is there so there must be a record of him somewhere at the cemetery.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.