Author Topic: Unclaimed Ashes  (Read 260 times)

Offline WendyNapierWalker

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Unclaimed Ashes
« on: Sunday 24 February 19 03:40 GMT (UK) »
The Whenua Tapu cemetery, Porirua City Council, Wellington, NZ has recently made a public appeal to find family members/NOK to return unclaimed ashes that they are holding.  There is a deadline of 1 March 2019 for ashes to be claimed.  The contact person is the Cemeteries Manager, Jon King email: jon.king@poriruacity.govt.nz

One of the names appearing on this list is that of Nellie May BURRELL nee Harvey who died in NZ in 1996.  She was married to a Norman Alfred Burrell who died in NZ in 1973.

I have identified one child - Harvey Norman Burrell b 1936 died 10 July 2013 in Sydney.  Death notice appeared in the Sydney Morning Herald on 13 July 2013.  Family members are stated in the death notice.
The Funeral Director was given as Ann Wilson Funerals (Dee Why, NSW) 9971 4224.

I have checked the Ann Wilson Funerals website for an email address but was not able to locate one.

Grateful if some kind person could contact the funeral home to obtain an email address so that I can contact them asking if they could contact NOK.
Alternatively contact the funeral home passing on the above information and ask if they could contact NOK and advise them of the above.  The contact for family members is above.

Many thanks
WNW

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Unclaimed Ashes
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 24 February 19 03:55 GMT (UK) »
https://www.annwilsonfunerals.com.au/

:)  they have a contact us icon  - two locations, these are neighbouring suburbs on the Northern Beaches of Sydney NSW ....

ADD  the contact us icon allows you to send them an email with 10,000 characters..

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 

Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.

Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 24 February 19 04:22 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks majm.  I don't know how I missed the icon?
Anyway I have sent them a message and will wait and see what response I receive.
Thanks again
WNW

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 05 March 19 21:46 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks JM for all your efforts.

Sadly the Funeral Director has not yet responsed to emails or telephone calls.

As the deadline has now passed I will not be taking this research any further.

WNW