Author Topic: Pepper and Barson families  (Read 170 times)

Offline Bob Cowper

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Pepper and Barson families
« on: Monday 25 February 19 13:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I'd be interested in any information anyone has on the Pepper or Barson families. Several generations were born and/or lived in South Kent, particularly Dover, Dymchurch, Hythe, Gravesend, Sheerness; my Grandmother, Lucy Alice Barson was born in 1880 in Sheerness, and died in 1969 in Folkestone. She was married to my grandfather, Alfred Edward Cowper.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Pepper and Barson families
« Reply #1 on: Monday 25 February 19 13:56 GMT (UK) »
You would be better asking specific questions so that we don't spend time looking for what you already have  :)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 25 February 19 16:30 GMT (UK) »
Possible parents for Lucy  William and Laura Pepper

Marriage  1880 Dover a William Barson married Laura Pepper

baptism for Lucy Alice Barson 13/01/1881 Holy Trinity Sheerness

As rosie99 has suggested we need to know what information you already have so that we don't go over old ground as it were

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Lethbridge Paddington Slough
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes

Offline Bob Cowper

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 25 February 19 17:39 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Louisa Maud and Rosie99. It's Lucy Cowper, nee Barson who interests me. Yes, she was the daughter of William and Laura (who was a Pepper) William was born in Kingstone, Notts in 1859 and kept a Boarding House in Hythe and I think had served in the RA. No idea how he met Laura. Their eldest daughter was Lucy (known as Doodie for some reason) and two more daughters followed, Edith Victoria, born in Gravesend in 1886, who married  Benjamin Herbert Hodgson, who had an Ironmongery business in New Romney I think, and Winifred Betty, born in Hythe in 1902 (when her Mum was 45 yrs old!) who married Charles Callen, a Wireless Inspector and they spent a lot of time as a family (2 children, Jean Laura and Diana Mary) on ships following Dad around. Charles also served in the RN in WW1, 1915-1918 I think. Anything you can add to that I wonder? Just to say, I know all about Lucy's husband, my grandfather; basically, trying to get more info on the immediate family. Thanks

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 26 February 19 01:01 GMT (UK) »
winifred Betty Barson married Frederick Charles Callen  (maybe he used his middle name??)

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk