Author Topic: Date please of Ross family gathering?  (Read 155 times)

Offline katburnside

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Date please of Ross family gathering?
« on: Wednesday 27 February 19 11:23 GMT (UK) »
Can anyone please give me an idea of when this family gathering might have taken place? It looks like a christening judging by what the the baby in the front is wearing but a few of the adults are wearing flowers.....? It may be my Ross family as the man in the middle of the front row with a little girl in front of him looks a bit like my great grandad William Ross born 1881 in Dundee.

The photo is stuck on grey card which has itself been stuck on black card and would have been taken in Dundee. There is absolutely nothing written on the back and nobody in the family knows anything about it, we found it amongst other photos when my gran died.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Kindelan/Kindlen- Cavan & Dundee & USA & Australia
Glancy/Glancey/Clancy - Leitrim & Dundee
Ross - Dundee & Glasgow & Aberdeen
Clark/Deuchars - Angus & Mains & Dundee
Grewar/Gruar - Mains & Australia

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Date please of Ross family gathering?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 27 February 19 16:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi

It looks to me, by the ladies blouses, etc., to be Edwardian - say 1905 +/- a few years.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 27 February 19 16:15 GMT (UK) »
I agree with Gadget.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline katburnside

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 27 February 19 23:10 GMT (UK) »
Thank you to both of you.
Kat
Kindelan/Kindlen- Cavan & Dundee & USA & Australia
Glancy/Glancey/Clancy - Leitrim & Dundee
Ross - Dundee & Glasgow & Aberdeen
Clark/Deuchars - Angus & Mains & Dundee
Grewar/Gruar - Mains & Australia