Author Topic: Unwanted heirlooms  (Read 298 times)

Offline sudeeb

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Unwanted heirlooms
« on: Thursday 28 February 19 12:42 GMT (UK) »
Box of letters,memorium cards and photos relating to the Simmonds family who lived in Forest Hill, Ealing and London from 1900 onwards. Reuben H Simmonds,a Seargeant Drummer in the London Scottish Regiment, had a son Ronald and a daughter Dorothy.  These are her artifacts. She was a piano teacher in South Ruislip. Other relations mentioned are Marianne Lee, d 1916, Sara Simmonds d 1929, Catherine Ward d 1921, Reuben Simmonds d 1942, Theodore Braddon Ward d 1875, Ronald Harry Simmonds d 1960, Theodore Braddon Ward d 1903, Bertha Simmonds d 1920 Sawbridgeworth churchyard, Annie Elizabeth Evans d 1915 Hornchurch, Ellen Sophia Simmonds d 1938 Sawbridgeworth churchyard and Edwin Holman son of Mr W & F Holman 1868.  These are all on memorium cards. There is also a theatre card from the London Palladium from a relative Donald Stuart. I would be happy to pass on these items toanyone who has any of there relatives in their family tree

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline philipsearching

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I was a beautiful baby, - what went wrong?
    • View Profile
Re: Unwanted heirlooms
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 28 February 19 19:34 GMT (UK) »
Greetings, and a warm welcome to Rootschat.

I don't have any interest in these heirlooms, but I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time and trouble to find a good home for them.

Philip
Please help me to help you by citing sources for information.

Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online Mckha489

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 28 February 19 19:43 GMT (UK) »
A tree on Ancestry has many of the names mentioned.  Iíve sent them a link to your post.
currently concentrating on NUTCHER & MARSHALL families, Hampshire.
and family of Thomas ANDERSON a Tailor of Perth, Scotland

Offline sudeeb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 07 March 19 14:45 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Philip for your kind reply, and also thank you to Mckha489 for sending the link to my post.  Hope i manage to give them to a good home
best wishes
sudeeb