Author Topic: Auto Clustering at MyHeritage  (Read 7162 times)

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Auto Clustering at MyHeritage
« Reply #27 on: Friday 01 March 19 16:10 GMT (UK) »
is this a subscription only service? I can't access it even though MyHeritage performed my test.

Martin

I don't know for certain but I would strongly suspect you need a current subscription. I recall when I loaded my data to the site there were only certain things that you could access without a subscription. Others may know otherwise.
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 01 March 19 16:16 GMT (UK) »
is this a subscription only service? I can't access it even though MyHeritage performed my test.

Martin

I don't subscribe, Martin, and I've got it. Are you looking in the right place?

DNA results page
Overview
Ethnicity estimate
DNA matches
Tools

Regards Margaret
STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.go

Offline Janethepain

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 01 March 19 16:16 GMT (UK) »
I don't have a subscription, and I have accessed the clusters dna tool.

I have not seen the theory of family relativity, however! - co some advice re that would be good!!

Allison - Rumford Stirlingshire & Ireland
Quinn - Rumford, Glasgow, Monklands & Tyrone
Convoy - Rumford, Monklands & Tyrone
Burke - Glasgow, Clifden Galway
Duffy - Cleland Lanarkshire, Monklands, Falkirk, Ireland
Curran - Cleland, Ireland
Reynolds - Cleland, Shettleston, Tollcross, Antrim
McDermott - Cleland, Shotts, (London)Derry

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline squawki11

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 01 March 19 17:45 GMT (UK) »
In some respects MH is playing catch up. Collins Leeds Method has been working for a few months with DNAGedcom Client and Ancestry matches/icw. It also works with FTDNA & 23andMe and is in the process of extending to other testing companies and Genesis. There is also the DNAGedcom Chrome extension in conjunction with Genetic.Family where the hope is to be able to gather matches & ICWs from wherever you have tested and merge then cluster. It's a fast changing field...CLM works well for me with possibly a smattering of distant cousins.

Offline squawki11

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 03 March 19 07:17 GMT (UK) »
Having had some time to look at MH clusters, I think they will be useful, but limited by the relatively narrow band of cMs they've chosen. This may well be because of the size of files generated by using wider limits, say, 20-400 cMs, may be just too great to email. I may be wrong? Significant matches do occur even below 15, although possibly beyond the scope of most family trees, without which detailed info we're struggling.
I'll be interested to see how MH develops this tool...

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 03 March 19 11:00 GMT (UK) »
Yes the 25cM lower limit is restricting. For example, I've just discovered a 6th cousin (17.5 cM across 1 segment) using non-Beta Ancestry and trees rather than shared matching.

This particular line is very dominant in my matches. I think an interest in genealogy might be genetic 

;D ;D ;D

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline weste

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 03 March 19 11:21 GMT (UK) »
my second autocluster from my heritage took 25 hours to come but must admit it brought a couple of things to attention as to where to look for a match. It must be really backlogged the one from geetic affairs comes in less than 20 mins. On the whole though, doing an autocluster on ancestry because of the size in the database, there's a lot more matches in the cluster. So I think they still need to up their dna database on my heritage. I think they were using something like 350 and 50 with my heritage clusters whereas you can vary on genetic affairs but they may give the option eventually to manipulate the figures.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 03 March 19 12:10 GMT (UK) »
. I think they were using something like 350 and 50 with my heritage clusters

Mine took about 8 hours and the limits are 25cM and 350 cm.

Gadget