Author Topic: Auto Clustering at MyHeritage  (Read 7138 times)

Offline DavidG02

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Auto Clustering at MyHeritage
« Reply #36 on: Monday 04 March 19 00:12 GMT (UK) »
Interesting tool

Is it mindblowing? No.

But it helps the lazy ( like me) link up those odd names that make you scratch your head. Most of the names I had already linked in notes as being connected through trees and the 'match' section. But its nice to have confirmation

I may look to generate a report every 3 months and see the additions

Genealogy-Its a family thing

Paternal: Gibbins,McNamara, Jenkins, Schumann,  Inwood, Sheehan, Quinlan, Tierney, Cole

Maternal: Munn, Simpson , Brighton, Clayfield, Westmacott, Corbell, Hatherell, Blacksell/Blackstone, Boothey , Muirhead

Son: Bull, Kneebone, Lehmann, Cronin, Fowler, Yates, Biglands, Rix, Carpenter, Pethick, Carrick, Male, London, Jacka, Tilbrook, Scott, Hampshire, Buckley

Brickwalls-   Schumann, Simpson,Westmacott/Wennicot
Scott, Cronin
Gedmatch Kit : T812072

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Friday 19 April 19 05:13 BST (UK) »
Bit late to the thread but rather than raising a new one perhaps someone could help clarify something for me.

While I found it useful and in fact have requested it a second time and found a number of earlier cluster matches being discarded (I wanted to see if a more recent match appeared in any clusters), I'm somewhat confused as to how they can put a match in an auto cluster where there is no triangulated segment with him in the cluster.  The cluster is 4 plus obviously me, I and only one other person in the cluster match this person at all and there is no triangulation between the three of us so how can this he be in this auto cluster?  I match all of them on Chromosome 19, three of them on the same segment but not this other person who matches me on a different segment of the chromosome.  On both auto cluster results this person has been put in this segment with the suggestion that there is a mutual ancestor, I can't see how they can come to that conclusion.

If anyone can help my brain cells understand this I'd be very grateful. ;D
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline pollycat76

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Monday 06 May 19 13:10 BST (UK) »
I have also downloaded my clusters for a second time and they appear much different than the previous one a month ago. First time I had 42 clusters, the largest with 10 people, second batch was just 16 clusters, the largest being 5 members. Also when doing the triangulation only once have I found that 3 persons in a group, plus myself do actually triangulate. I too am somewhat confused.

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Monday 06 May 19 19:30 BST (UK) »
Hi pollycat76, glad its not just me being confused with the auto-clusters on MyHeritage. :-\
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline ms_canuck

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday 08 May 19 21:55 BST (UK) »
Based on reading these messages, I decided to try this out.  I don't have a subscription to My Heritage, but I did upload my Ancestry DNA and then paid for the 'unlock'.  This seems to entitle me to use the DNA Tools.

I got the results back very quickly (my tree is only about 4,500 persons) and I already see some names that have shown up as having Common Ancestors on Ancestry.  So let's see where this will lead!

Ms_C
1. Paul - Guernsey 1801
2. Ettenton / Eltenton - Guernsey 1806

Offline pollycat76

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Thursday 09 May 19 06:42 BST (UK) »
Hi, I have also found that if you hover over the small grey coloured squares on the same line as the appropriate cluster, you will see two names appear say, John + Ben, (Ben is not part of John's cluster) If you follow the grey line up you will see that Ben appears in a separate cluster. You may have more than one grey area, showing different possible connections for the same person, which is quite helpful if you already "know" of this connection.

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Thursday 09 May 19 09:18 BST (UK) »
For those of you who are interested in clustering take a look at Genesis Gedmatch too if you have uploaded your results there. They have recently introduced a clustering function.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn