Author Topic: Southwell  (Read 102 times)

Offline crazyshotgug69

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Southwell
« on: Saturday 02 March 19 18:43 GMT (UK) »
Just wondering if anyone might have any information on a traveller/gypsy family known as Southwell. They were primarily around East Wellow of years about 1800-1900 and some immigrated to Australia. I believe them to be gypsies/travellers because I have found on the records occupations like "Hawker" and "Dealer" etc. and a lot of them seemed to move around a lot without any records of addresses.

Also, I am not sure if this is another indication, but using FamilySearch, there is an affiliate record type, and in some it says Household and this is in the residence records. I am not sure if this means whether they are living in a house or not but if anyone could help me on this then please do.

Thank you.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline whiteout7

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Southwell
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 03 March 19 09:16 GMT (UK) »
Wemyss/Crombie/Laing/Blyth (West Wemyss)
Givens/Normand (Dysart)
Clark/Lister (Dysart)
Wilkinson/Simson (Kettle or Kettlehill)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.