Author Topic: Bigamous marriage/divorce proceedings Lancashire WAIN v LOWE  (Read 4730 times)

Offline OzzieJoan

• RootsChat Senior
  • Mortimer Crest. Motto: Press Forward
    • View Profile
Re: Bigamous marriage/divorce proceedings Lancashire WAIN v LOWE
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday 12 June 19 00:56 BST (UK) »
Thanks JenB for telling me how to do that. I've received an email from Sarah at RootsChat who is going to do it for me. But I didn't manage to get back to my computer yesterday so will have to crack on and reply to her.
MORTIMER Lancs & Yks
DEAN, Birstall and Leeds
PERRY,BROWN,DELL,WILSON,HOWSE,FURBY,CROXFORD,ELLIS,KEMPSTER,DRURY Oxford & Berks
GREGORY,DOOTSON,SEDDON,BOARDMAN Hindley/Westhoughton
COWELL I of Man/Wigan
SHAW Wigan
BROWN Oxford
HOWKINS Oxford
POWELL, Brecon & Mon
ARMSTRONG,BOXALL Sussex

Offline OzzieJoan

• RootsChat Senior
  • Mortimer Crest. Motto: Press Forward
    • View Profile
Re: Bigamous marriage/divorce proceedings Lancashire WAIN v LOWE
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday 12 June 19 01:40 BST (UK) »
I don't think the Alice Weins/Ewins arriving in 1928 is the wife of Wilfred Wain.

I think the surname of Ewins on passenger list is correct.    Apart from word 'Nottingham' in the given address I think she was indeed going to Bromley, Kent.   Indexes show an Alice Ewins of right age in Bromley, Kent in 1911 and I suspect it was this lady.

Annette

Thanks for picking that Annette. It looks absolutely correct. I did wonder if her husband Arthur had died and she had been in Canada to be with a child but there are no children with them in 1911, and Arthur is still alive in 1939.

She is probably to be found on a shipping list prior to 1928 but after 1911 but I will just accept that she is not 'my' Alice and thank you for your help.

Joan
MORTIMER Lancs & Yks
DEAN, Birstall and Leeds
PERRY,BROWN,DELL,WILSON,HOWSE,FURBY,CROXFORD,ELLIS,KEMPSTER,DRURY Oxford & Berks
GREGORY,DOOTSON,SEDDON,BOARDMAN Hindley/Westhoughton
COWELL I of Man/Wigan
SHAW Wigan
BROWN Oxford
HOWKINS Oxford
POWELL, Brecon & Mon
ARMSTRONG,BOXALL Sussex