Author Topic: Bigamous marriage/divorce proceedings Lancashire WAIN v LOWE  (Read 1362 times)

Offline OzzieJoan

• RootsChat Senior
  • Mortimer Crest. Motto: Press Forward
    • View Profile
Re: Bigamous marriage/divorce proceedings Lancashire WAIN v LOWE
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday 12 June 19 00:56 BST (UK) »
Thanks JenB for telling me how to do that. I've received an email from Sarah at RootsChat who is going to do it for me. But I didn't manage to get back to my computer yesterday so will have to crack on and reply to her.
MORTIMER Lancs & Yks
DEAN, Birstall and Leeds
PERRY,BROWN,DELL,WILSON,HOWSE,FURBY,CROXFORD,ELLIS,KEMPSTER,DRURY Oxford & Berks
GREGORY,DOOTSON,SEDDON,BOARDMAN Hindley/Westhoughton
COWELL I of Man/Wigan
SHAW Wigan
BROWN Oxford
HOWKINS Oxford
POWELL, Brecon & Mon
ARMSTRONG,BOXALL Sussex

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline OzzieJoan

• RootsChat Senior
  • Mortimer Crest. Motto: Press Forward
    • View Profile
Re: Bigamous marriage/divorce proceedings Lancashire WAIN v LOWE
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday 12 June 19 01:40 BST (UK) »
I don't think the Alice Weins/Ewins arriving in 1928 is the wife of Wilfred Wain.

I think the surname of Ewins on passenger list is correct.    Apart from word 'Nottingham' in the given address I think she was indeed going to Bromley, Kent.   Indexes show an Alice Ewins of right age in Bromley, Kent in 1911 and I suspect it was this lady.

Annette

Thanks for picking that Annette. It looks absolutely correct. I did wonder if her husband Arthur had died and she had been in Canada to be with a child but there are no children with them in 1911, and Arthur is still alive in 1939.

She is probably to be found on a shipping list prior to 1928 but after 1911 but I will just accept that she is not 'my' Alice and thank you for your help.

Joan
MORTIMER Lancs & Yks
DEAN, Birstall and Leeds
PERRY,BROWN,DELL,WILSON,HOWSE,FURBY,CROXFORD,ELLIS,KEMPSTER,DRURY Oxford & Berks
GREGORY,DOOTSON,SEDDON,BOARDMAN Hindley/Westhoughton
COWELL I of Man/Wigan
SHAW Wigan
BROWN Oxford
HOWKINS Oxford
POWELL, Brecon & Mon
ARMSTRONG,BOXALL Sussex

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.