Author Topic: John Barnabas Johnson b Dec 1830 Yorkshire and Mary Ann Preston b May 1833  (Read 5037 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: John Barnabas Johnson b Dec 1830 Yorkshire and Mary Ann Preston b May 1833
« Reply #72 on: Friday 08 March 19 09:19 GMT (UK) »
Unfortunately, Sandra, the Pecks' originated in Gloucestershire according to a tree on Anc; I'd hoped that the Masseys' might be mine but alas no.
Cr

The Peck family originated in Connecticut - it was the Massey family who originated in Gloucestershire.

John, I explored the "Peck" avenue for you to find out if it might be linked to Mary Preston Johnson in some way because of the Preston name and the close proximity to your family in Wayne NY. Especially Grace and Eber Kelsey being step brothers and sisters.  I didn't have time to explore the Sarah Peck connection to find out who her parents were, what her maiden name was,  so i will leave that angle for you if you wish to explore further since you have discounted that angle without it being completed.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Cockneyrebel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Friday 08 March 19 16:11 GMT (UK) »
Sorry Sandra, I have got a Massey family in my tree but they're based in Yorkshire/Durham; however one of them, Elizabeth Preston who was Mary Ann's sister married William Massey but as far as I know the family all passed away in England, unless there are stragglers I do not know of?
Cr
Rosser, Henderson, Chapman, Clarkson, Harper, Healey, Horth, Page, Bowers, Ritchie, Sheen, Smith and Weymark.

Offline Cockneyrebel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday 13 March 19 08:43 GMT (UK) »
Another cousin sent me some photos of Johnson gravestones in Lyons rural cemetery, one of them is particularly hard to read, I wonder if it's possible for anyone to check for me what they think this says and how do I attach it?
Cr
Rosser, Henderson, Chapman, Clarkson, Harper, Healey, Horth, Page, Bowers, Ritchie, Sheen, Smith and Weymark.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday 13 March 19 11:02 GMT (UK) »

Have a read here........

Adding images to Posting & Profiles

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,130922.0.html

Normally handwriting, deciphering and recognition board could also help.

Hope this helps.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Cockneyrebel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday 13 March 19 13:36 GMT (UK) »
I looked at that before Sandra but I don't seem to have that bottom piece for browsing and attaching?
Cr