Author Topic: How does one in the UK purchase a NSW 1870s Death record, please?  (Read 187 times)

Offline squawki11

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
How does one in the UK purchase a NSW 1870s Death record, please?
« on: Tuesday 05 March 19 11:15 GMT (UK) »
I have the register(ed) entry and have been told that what I need is the detailed record/certificate to correctly & fully identify parents.

I'm happy to buy it and would like to know how this can be done from the UK and likely cost, please?

TIA

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace Jardine - Morrison
    • View Profile
Re: How does one in the UK purchase a NSW 1870s Death record, please?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 05 March 19 12:49 GMT (UK) »
You use an online transcription agent and they email it to you.

Have sent you PM with email of the one I use.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend

Offline squawki11

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 05 March 19 13:39 GMT (UK) »
Thanks all for info.

I did attempt to email NSW BDM but it appears they only accept emails from those on their "white" list according to the returned "bounce"!

The NSW website reminds me a bit of UK National Archives, lots of woods obscuring the trees.

Offline squawki11

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 05 March 19 14:50 GMT (UK) »
Bingo! Near instantaneous response and detailed info as expected. Not so difficult after all.
Thanks again.