Author Topic: Ukranian Russian great uncle Paul Panasuk  (Read 3873 times)

Offline JDC

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Passed away 26th June 2022.
    • View Profile
Re: Ukranian Russian great uncle Paul Panasuk
« Reply #18 on: Friday 12 April 19 23:31 BST (UK) »
Hi folks,

Sorry i hve been away for a while again. I will thoroughly read you comments tonite and get back to you, cheers for now.

JDC
Carpenter - B'ham Warwick,
Cole - Devon
Coy - Germany
Langmaid - Cornwall & Hants
Rayment - Herts & Kent
Holt - ? England

Offline JDC

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Passed away 26th June 2022.
    • View Profile
Re: Ukranian Russian great uncle Paul Panasuk
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 21 April 19 06:06 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for the help you have provided. The info has confirmed what I know from personal experience and what my parents told me about. It has also provided me with new information as well. I had no idea where Paul came from in the Ukraine, when he came to Canada and the name of his wife. By the way, Kathryn Strongman is Mary's aunt and her maiden name is Coy. I didn't know Kathryn stayed with Mary and Paul. I did know they would room people from time to time. Mary was a teacher at the  sanatorium, That is where she met Paul I am told. I am also told that Mary was also taking care of her younger sister Pauline at the sanitarium where she was being treated for TB. Pauline died in her 20s.

The marriage date for this couple has been narrowed as you indicated. The privacy law I believe is at 1935 or 1940 so their marriage record should become public soon. So it appears that they married during WW2. I doubt that Paul would have been allowed by our government to join the forces if he was not yet a Canadian citizen? I am wondering why Anna and Katrina didn't join him - perhaps thee Soviet government kept them there, like they didn't allow Paul to visit his daughter (told this from cousin) not to long before he passed - he sat at the Russian airport waiting for her, but she was not allowed to see her father. I am assuming for now that Anna had likely passed. More questions to be answered :-(

I knew about Paul owning the Billiards place from my dad before he passed, but i didn't know about the barber and the fish and chip businesses. Mary and Paul did reside in their home on Rosewood, I did visit them their when I was young,

I guess the next step for me is to speak again with family members at the reunion in August to help enlighten me on this couple. I will be also revisit the Whitechapple Cemetery for the same reason.

Thx again everyone.

JDC
Carpenter - B'ham Warwick,
Cole - Devon
Coy - Germany
Langmaid - Cornwall & Hants
Rayment - Herts & Kent
Holt - ? England