Author Topic: Help needed understanding RAF service records.  (Read 2036 times)

Offline rafcommands

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed understanding RAF service records.
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 30 March 19 21:11 GMT (UK) »
Operations Record Book.

Made up of two RAF Forms - 540 and 541 for squadrons and flights but usually only 540 for Stations and higher formations.

http://www.rafcommands.com/forum/showthread.php?11845-Form-540-and-Form-541-Operations-Record-Book

Ross
Sea Losses of RAF Aircraft 1918 to date.

RAF Coastal Command 1939-45.

Between the Wars RAF Officers and Warrant Officers.

Offline bodger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • bodger sen. jun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 31 March 19 08:58 BST (UK) »
Not wishing to interfere into this thread i have a question re RAF records, my father George Edward Bacon enlisted at Cardington 1943, service # 1884157, i have a photo of him taken in Skals Denmark.
After the war my parents divorced, i stayed with my mother and my father gave me a photo of a woman and  an address in Denmark telling me if i wasnt happy in my situation    if i wrote to the woman in the pic, she would look after me ?, my mother found the photo and destroyed it, fast forward to 1990 at one of our daughters wedding a family friend of my mother asked if i had ever  had contact with my half brother born in Denmark b. circa 1944/5 ? my question is would his birth show on my fathers RAF record ?. bodger
Attenborough, Bacon,Melbourne, Thorpe, Ride,Simpson/ Derbyshire, Judson,Bacon,/Keighley,
Lockett/ Manchester, Harling/ Lancaster & Manchester

Offline Brewins girl

• RootsChat Senior
  • REME 1943-46 & RAF Coastal & Transpt Command WW2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 31 March 19 09:29 BST (UK) »
I suspect that’s unlikely bodger, my birth wasn’t shown on my father’s RAF records, only next of kin (my mother) Have you asked the family friend if s/he knows more? And what about birth register in Denmark? I wish you luck

By the way, you apologised for ‘interfering’ in the thread - have you thought about starting a new topic? Maybe something along the lines of ‘RAF - child born in Denmark’?
Brooking (REME)
Robinson (RAF)
Southall (Pedmore, nr Stourbridge UK)