Author Topic: Fanny Louisa BARTON - What happened to her after 1901?  (Read 2349 times)

Offline Daisypetal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Fanny Louisa BARTON - What happened to her after 1901?
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 06 March 19 21:59 GMT (UK) »

Hi,

There is a Fanny Louisa BARTON in the 1911 census living in Wolverhampton, she was born in 1883 in Wigan, Lancashire.

Baptism

St Catherine's, Wigan
Fanny Louisa BARTON
DOB:  3 Aug 1882
Baptism:    14 Oct 1882
Parents:  James and Fanny
Abode:   124 Whelly?

This family are in Wolverhampton in 1891,1901 and 1911. I think that she is more likely to be the Fanny Louisa BARTON that marries Harold J STREET.

In 1939 the DOB for Fanny Louisa STREET is 3 Aug 1882.

Regards,
Daisy
All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline David Barton

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 22 October 20 03:42 BST (UK) »
In the 1881 Census BEB  is a journeyman butcher living at 4 Market Street and marries Amelia Weller in 1879 from Combe in Oxfordshire. Amelia’s  father Joseph is an agricultural labourer and her mother is a Glover.. In 1901 his daughter Amy Amelia Barton, age 21 years, is working as a servant at the  large Osbourne Hotel in  Exeter Road Bournemouth. BEB is born in Pleasant View Cottage (now Carpenters Cottage) in Arreton (have photo).Mark Barton one of BEB's brother is my Barton family line. BEB's mum is Anne Lowe his father's 1st wife and BEB 1st appears in the 1861 Census for Hale Common Isle of Wight -  His brothers Frank, Mark and Fred all go to Southampton and Frank in 1909 takes his family to Weyburn Saskatchewan. Amy in 1902 marries Alfred E Cornwell in Christchurch. If you want photo of BEB's cottage- Email (*)
Cheers David Barton - have done family history of BEB's family in IOW

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline Lainys

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 23 October 20 08:20 BST (UK) »
David,

In my research I have Amelia Weller Leech, her father being Thomas Walter Weller agricultural labourer and her mother as Sarah Leach (Leech), Gloveress.

I have Amy marrying Frank Bussell in 1902 in Christchurch.

I have sent you a pm for your email address, as I would very much like a photo Pleasant View (Carpenters Cottage).

Did the three brothers all live near each other in Southampton? Did BEB live there or stay with his brother Frank?

Regards,

Lainy

See the Surnames I am researching on the surname interest table