Author Topic: Windows 10 updates  (Read 588 times)

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
Windows 10 updates
« on: Wednesday 06 March 19 15:12 GMT (UK) »
Just had an update and all my card games and Mahjong games have vanished---why oh why  :-[
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Calverley Lad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Windows 10 updates
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 06 March 19 20:26 GMT (UK) »
Still currently on 1803, what version are you on?
My wife running 1809, no problems there.
Yewdall/Yewdell/Youdall -Yorkshire

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 07 March 19 14:34 GMT (UK) »
I have not the faintest clue!! ::)

Ok just checked 1809
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley.

Online Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 07 March 19 14:36 GMT (UK) »
Are they not on your start menu/pop up?
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 07 March 19 15:50 GMT (UK) »
Just had an update and all my card games and Mahjong games have vanished---why oh why  :-[
No idea what version of Windows 10 I've been updated to but just checked and I can't see them in start-up menu either.
Please do NOT ask for lookups by Personal Message.

Online hallmark

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 07 March 19 16:00 GMT (UK) »

Are they listed when you click on Windows Icon (botton left)?

Maybe just not Pinned to Start...

Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Online hallmark

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 07 March 19 16:01 GMT (UK) »

If so...right click Icon and Pin it

Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 07 March 19 17:39 GMT (UK) »
They are not pinned or tucked anywhere. When I do a search it tells me the file is empty and then opens up Google Chrome so I can buy them! They were all neatly in the windows start menu.

Offline andrewalston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My granddad
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 07 March 19 17:43 GMT (UK) »
I still use the old Windows 7 games.

You can download the installer from https://winaero.com/blog/get-windows-7-games-for-windows-10/

I know this to be a clean version, and it works in the latest Win10.

Keep hold of the installer though, because when the next version of Windows gets pushed at you in a couple of months, they will disappear again - files get placed in C:\WINDOWS (as they did in Win7), and Microsoft's installer doesn't keep them for you. You have to head to Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel, uninstall the remnants, then run the installer again to put them back. It keeps your high scores though.
Looking at ALSTON in south Ribble area, ALSTEAD and DONBAVAND/DUNBABIN etc. everywhere, HOWCROFT and MARSH in Bolton and Westhoughton, PICKERING in the Whitehaven area.

Census information is Crown Copyright. See www.nationalarchives.gov.uk for details.