Author Topic: Windows 10 updates  (Read 589 times)

Offline Calverley Lad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Windows 10 updates
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 07 March 19 18:43 GMT (UK) »
To find out which version of windows installed - Click onto windows icon on tool bar, look for the 'cogwheel' then click on before selecting 'update and security.
Below windows update check look for OS Build Info, there is all the Windows information.
 Brian
Yewdall/Yewdell/Youdall -Yorkshire

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline merlfitz

• RootsChat Member
  • Remember: you are unique - like everyone else
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 08 March 19 09:04 GMT (UK) »
Did you do a back up before you updated to windows 10 as you may find the files there.
merlfitz
Fitzgerald-Ireland & Australia
Harty Ireland & Australia
Cohen Palestine & Australia
Sloss Ireland Scotland & Australia
Balzary Hungary and Australia
Smith Staffordshire and Australia
Garry Ireland Scotland & Australia

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 08 March 19 14:13 GMT (UK) »
Merlfitz
I have not updated to Windows 10. I have a newish computer and it came installed. It was an update from Windows that has messed things up.

Calverley Lad
I have not the faintest clue!! ::)
Ok just checked 1809
Thankyou Andrew that has worked well and I am now up and running. So annoying of them though WHY ?
Andrewwalston
It was the old windows games we had, my daughter put them on for us, and they played very well. When I told daughter what had happened she said "Oh that's Windows 10 for you!" Thank yo for the link I will have a go.
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley.