Author Topic: Applicantion for Marriage after 1944 Qld  (Read 1781 times)

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Applicantion for Marriage after 1944 Qld
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 21 March 19 06:02 GMT (UK) »
That is such a shame margill68.  >:( I can't think what their reasoning might be for refusing this especially as both parties have been deceased for so long.

Although it is a hassle, out of principle I would follow JM's advice and see if an MP can help you in this quest. I would not know how to approach this though as you live in NSW. Do you have any family in QLD whose address you can use? (if it is a requirement to be a resident)

Is there any way you could contact any of the children of your mother's second marriage to see if they could apply on your behalf?

I suppose the answer to this will still be the same, but would there be any value in ringing again to explain the situation again in the hope that the person you speak to is able to show a bit of compassion and pull some strings and supply this certificate for you? Could you ask to speak to the head of department? Just grasping at straws here ....  :(

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 21 March 19 06:24 GMT (UK) »
Yes, 

AND ... well, up to you, but in my opinion,  you should not let them off the hook ... an SMS is not good enough,  get a written response on letterhead ... and even if you only ever have that sms, ask your NSW state representative to write to Qld BDM's political minister to request intervention, common sense, compassion and NATURAL JUSTICE .... you being her nok... and stress their deaths were 50 plus years ago...  And NSW  pollie letter can stress that if the marriage had been celebrated in NSW,  it would now be on unrestricted access ... readily available to any person related or not and living anywhere in the world.  Of course,  then their easiest option is ... uncertified image of the full m.c.   :)

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Aussie1947

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 21 March 19 06:28 GMT (UK) »

Offline margill68

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 21 March 19 09:38 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Mjam,Ruskie and Gerry for your replies.  I don't know if it will do any good but I have decided to write to the registry and ask them why a legitimate child of the bride is not able to get this certificate.  I am happy to provide more ID if needed.  It is a real pain but someone has to question their decision.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 21 March 19 13:35 GMT (UK) »
I think sometimes it doesn't hurt to try again, especially when there doesn't seem to be a fathomable reason why you are not eligible to purchase the certificate - no privacy concerns surely after such a long time since they both died?  :-\  It makes no sense ...

Offline margill68

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 08 April 19 04:17 BST (UK) »

Hurrah My letter to the Qld registry has worked and I am getting my mother's second marriage certificate and I don't have to pay for a search.

I am thrilled

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 08 April 19 04:37 BST (UK) »
This is simply the best news.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 08 April 19 05:34 BST (UK) »
Oh margill I am so happy for you!

I think in the end it came down to the principle of the matter so it was well worth fighting for and persisting! Good for you!!!!

Thanks so much for letting us know!  ;D