Author Topic: Fred White Enlisted in Toronto 1914, Where Did He Die?  (Read 342 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Hugs.............
    • View Profile
Re: Fred White Enlisted in Toronto 1914, Where Did He Die?
« Reply #9 on: Monday 11 March 19 17:08 GMT (UK) »

Possibility  ??? ??? ???

Florence R White 1885 - September 1925 - aged 40 years
Registration district Birmingham South Warwickshire
Volume 6d Page 69

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline HubbellGen

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 12 March 19 02:21 GMT (UK) »
Sorry to be slow in response, I'm learning to use the site and not up to speed yet.
Your notation looks like it could be right on target. What would be the name of that record group so I could track it myself? I use Ancestry, Family Search and a couple of others, but don't have a lot of experience with available record groups in the UK.
You've been very helpful and I think you've got the right wife for Fred. I wonder if he was still alive, that's awfully young for her to die. There must be a reason for that. He's the one I would have thought might not live a long life due to the results of his war injuries .

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline HubbellGen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 12 March 19 02:32 GMT (UK) »
OK, I just located your information and source citation on FamilySearch.
I think you are right. Thanks again.

Offline HubbellGen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 12 March 19 02:49 GMT (UK) »
And now I've found the ship's list for their return to their home in Birmingham. It's coming together. Now for his death record.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Hugs.............
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 12 March 19 16:09 GMT (UK) »

Great. Happy Hunting.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline HubbellGen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 12 March 19 18:27 GMT (UK) »
Although failing to find his death information, one of the best results to come from this part of his search is learning something from the ship's passenger list when Fred, Becky and son Norman sailed back to England in 1920. His occupation was given as "artist", confirming what I'd heard from the family and from two pieces of his work in my possession; one is a watercolor of "Beauchief Abbey", the other a lovely pencil sketch of my grandmother that he did when he was roughly fifteen years old. I've been waiting to see some confirmation of his talent other than "jewellery salesman", "traveller" in records. He seems so much more real now. I appreciate the direction I've gotten here.
Carol