Author Topic: Death certificate 1872 - cause of death - some help with interpretation please!  (Read 383 times)

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Has anyone an ancestor who looks similar to this?
    • View Profile
Re: Death certificate 1872 - cause of death - some help with interpretation please!
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 07 March 19 14:19 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Josey, I was a midwife and Gadget says she has worked with many maternity records.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Death certificate 1872 - cause of death - some help with interpretation please!
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 07 March 19 14:28 GMT (UK) »
I think that Josey knows that I worked with the Obs & Gynae staff on the Aberdeen Maternity Records Database which covered 30 years of births in Aberdeenshire. I think it's still being used for research purposes. We spoke about it a few years ago.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Has anyone an ancestor who looks similar to this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 07 March 19 14:56 GMT (UK) »
Oh that would have been interesting Gadget. 

Online Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 07 March 19 15:04 GMT (UK) »
It was, Lizzie. We linked up whole families - 1940s to 1970s. We had 3 generations at the end. I learned so much in my time there. I used to sit in on consultations and in theatre as well as all the records and topping up with trips to many of the  Aberdeenshire Registars' offices.

(sorry for being a wee bit off topic, LB)
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk