Author Topic: Death certificate 1872 - cause of death - some help with interpretation please!  (Read 1388 times)

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
Re: Death certificate 1872 - cause of death - some help with interpretation please!
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 07 March 19 14:19 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Josey, I was a midwife and Gadget says she has worked with many maternity records.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Death certificate 1872 - cause of death - some help with interpretation please!
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 07 March 19 14:28 GMT (UK) »
I think that Josey knows that I worked with the Obs & Gynae staff on the Aberdeen Maternity Records Database which covered 30 years of births in Aberdeenshire. I think it's still being used for research purposes. We spoke about it a few years ago.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 07 March 19 14:56 GMT (UK) »
Oh that would have been interesting Gadget. 

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 07 March 19 15:04 GMT (UK) »
It was, Lizzie. We linked up whole families - 1940s to 1970s. We had 3 generations at the end. I learned so much in my time there. I used to sit in on consultations and in theatre as well as all the records and topping up with trips to many of the  Aberdeenshire Registars' offices.

(sorry for being a wee bit off topic, LB)
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***