Author Topic: WALKER ancestors  (Read 915 times)

Offline VERONICA EVANS

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: WALKER ancestors
« Reply #9 on: Friday 13 November 20 20:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi kanagawa_kiwi,
Hoping you are still checking your family history.
I am a relation of the Walkers from Hope Farm, Baildon, Yorkshire.
Trying to find info on Samuel, Thomas and sisters that went over to New Zealand from Hope Farm.

V

Offline kanagawa_kiwi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 14 November 20 00:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I am a descendant from Thomas Walker, my 2nd great grandad. He Married Mary Metcalfe and then came out to New Zealand where they lived in Balfour.  They stuck around Balfour, Southland for a few generations.

They had a son Phil Walker who married a Sarah Marshall in Balfour, he is my Great Grandad. 

I am Blake Walker, was born in Invercargill but lived most of my young life in Queenstown, New Zealand where my father still lives.  I am now a primary school teacher in the Wairarapa, at the bottom of the North Island, New Zealand.

I have a family tree on ancestry.com with a bit of information of Thomas' sisters, who mostly stayed and lived in Glen Road, Dunedin. The brothers seemed to be farmers in Balfour.

Hope this helps.  I am a bit of a novice but would love to hear where you're searching from.

Offline VERONICA EVANS

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 22 November 20 16:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I have researched the Walkers for a couple of years now on Ancestry, Rootschat and Wharfedale Geneaology and Newspaper Archive. I have managed to get quite a lot of info on them going back to the early 1700ís. I have not been able to find out much about them after their first couple of years in NZ.
I am related way back to John Walker, my great great grandfather was Ernest Walker who went off to South Africa to find his fortune in diamonds but never came back. My grandfather was Ernest Walker , same name as his father.
 Would luv to hear from you .

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.