Author Topic: Edwin Reuben CARPENTER of Ballarat Did he rob a bank?  (Read 6709 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Edwin Reuben CARPENTER of Ballarat Did he rob a bank?
« Reply #72 on: Sunday 17 March 19 05:13 GMT (UK) »

Yeppen Yeppen Lagoon is on the South side of Rockhampton, the Capricorn Highway meets up with the Bruce Highway and heads into Rockhampton past the Yeppen Yeppen Lagoon. Only recently there have been major highway upgrades again to overcome the flooding from that low area.

The question we need to ask is what attracted Edwin to Rockhampton?

Gerry

Here is a possible reason for removing from Snake Valley ....  a ferocious dog flew at and bit a man named Edwin Carpenter on the arm .... but it is June 1861 ... so was Edwin Carpenter travelling back and forth from Rockhampton to Ballarat .... or was there more than one chap named Edwin Carpenter in Ballarat    :) ...

https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/66339938 15 June 1861 The Star. 

JM

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Sunday 17 March 19 07:29 GMT (UK) »
Yes, there was more than one at one stage.
The other one died in 1890 aged 72 in Ballarat. Parents George and Maria (UK) #10500.

I checked his burial etc the other day.
Last address the Benevolent Home, Ballarat and interred Ballarat in Open Ground Location Unknown

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Sunday 17 March 19 09:55 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Sue, that sorts that and some other Trove possibles too,  then.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.