Author Topic: The Rocket Garage Broadgreen  (Read 160 times)

Offline paulsue38

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
The Rocket Garage Broadgreen
« on: Friday 08 March 19 20:24 GMT (UK) »
Family tradition says that I had relatives who owned a garage at the Rocket. Possibly originally a Jaguar garage? On the 1939 register I have found Harold Evans listed as an auto manager. Does anyone have any information that might help?
Best wishes
Paul

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline ainslie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: The Rocket Garage Broadgreen
« Reply #1 on: Friday 08 March 19 22:06 GMT (UK) »
Kelly’s 1968 directory has The Rocket Motor Co., Ltd., (works) at 818 & 822 Queen’s Drive, Lpool 13 and at 782-4, the latter on corner of Warnerville Rd.
No ownership or other details shown.
The M62 must have swept them away.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline paulsue38

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: The Rocket Garage Broadgreen
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 09 March 19 08:36 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for replying. I suspected that the flyover must have taken the garage away. There does seem to be one picture of the garage on Google images.
Best wishes
Paul