Author Topic: Lewisham Local History Centre Lookup  (Read 4287 times)

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lewisham Local History Centre Lookup
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 09 March 19 12:17 GMT (UK) »
Well, it ties in with your estimates of when Mary might have died. Problem is finding it!

Offline kesaunders79

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 09 March 19 12:33 GMT (UK) »
I'm almost tempted to order the 1853 death cert of Mary Elizabeth Robinson just to check as the age matches but logic tells me it can't be her if she gave birth in May of 1854..... ???
Saunders, Curnow, Willcocks, Ginno, Hatt, Pleming, Mutton, A'lee, Robinson, Mullins, Reed, Dingle, Elphick, Shepherd, Rogers, Dyer, Pomeroy.

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 09 March 19 14:01 GMT (UK) »
I would not order that certificate in a hurry.  I had not noticed when I posted the information about the other child in 1854.  Sorry.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kesaunders79

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 14 March 19 13:36 GMT (UK) »
Well the plot thickens....... I decided to order the death certificate in 1853 and guess what.....its the right one for my Mary Robinson. She died 20th Jan 1853 at 5 King Street, Deptford aged 40 the wife of William Henry Robinson a costermonger from Typhus for 2 weeks. Everything matches what I know and the informant was Mary Elizabeth Robinson who I presume is their daughter who I have only seen recorded as Mary Ann before and just Mary afterwards.

So the question now is how do William & Mary go on to register the birth and baptism of another child in 1854, more than a year after she died!?!  ???

Do you think it's one big cover up by their daughter who is now calling herself Mary Elizabeth Robinson?

Mary Ann Robinson, the daughter, went onto marry a William Podbury in 1861 and in the 1871 census has a son recorded as living with her called Robert George Podbury born c.1856 and I'm now wondering if he's actually the Robert George Robinson born in 1854 supposedly to William & Mary Robinson.....
Saunders, Curnow, Willcocks, Ginno, Hatt, Pleming, Mutton, A'lee, Robinson, Mullins, Reed, Dingle, Elphick, Shepherd, Rogers, Dyer, Pomeroy.

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 14 March 19 18:56 GMT (UK) »
Do you think it's one big cover up by their daughter who is now calling herself Mary Elizabeth Robinson?

It sounds like it might be. They can be very naughty sometimes. There's no Robert George Podbury on FreeBMD.

Extraordinary that Rosie found the correct death certificate of someone that we all thought was alive a year later ;D

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 15 March 19 12:49 GMT (UK) »
It was a fluke John  ;D

kesaunders79
I think you are right and that R G Podbury is aka R G Robinson.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kesaunders79

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 16 March 19 12:26 GMT (UK) »
Well it's great to finally solve that mystery after several years  ;D