Author Topic: Elizabeth White Davis birth wanted approx 1841  (Read 1202 times)

Offline madyliz

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth White Davis birth wanted approx 1841
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 12 March 19 15:03 GMT (UK) »
hello again Hallmark and Dathai

thank you for your help, greatly appreciated.
I have looked at the Presbyterian records and think that the son Joseph who registered father Joseph death is probably not correct as son Joseph was already living in Liverpool by that date and I think he died at sea between 1891 and 1901. this is not confirmed but there is no record of him after the 1891 census. the elder Joseph I think is living in the wrong area as well but I have made a note of it for future reference.
I have tried searching Presbyterian records and it has proved very frustrating the end result is that I am none the wiser unless I spend a fortune on subscriptions for various sites which I am not convinced have the records that go back far enough.
As to Elizabeth White Davis I can't find her anywhere at all there is another sister Mary Davis but there are so many Mary Davis's that it is impossible to find the correct one as I don't know any of her descendants.
I think I will have to put this particular brick wall back in its box for now.
I have got some possible Griffiths valuation indexes and Tithe applotments indexes but they don't seem to take me any further along the trail.
thank you so much for your efforts though.
Liz x.
Hoffman
Davison
Saville
Hussey
Jones
Humphreys/ies
Bowen