Author Topic: Look up request - Croydon Coroner's Inquest 11 May 1927 - James William Chapman  (Read 1366 times)

Offline condesa

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hi
I wonder if anyone is able to look up the inquest details for James William Chapman who died on 7 May 1927.  An inquest was held in Croydon on 11 May 1927.  I would especially like to know who reported the death. I understand Surrey History Centre have these records. 
Thank you.
Susan

Offline condesa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
HI

Surrey History Centre in Croydon have confirmed they have a copy of the inquest report and have given me a reference no.  I'm not local to Croydon so if anyone is going to the Centre would they be able to take a look?

Thanks
Susan

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Surrey History Centre in Croydon have confirmed they have a copy of the inquest report and have given me a reference no. 

Can you please confirm exactly where the records are held.  'Surrey History Centre' is in Woking

It may be a good idea to post the full details including reference number here
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline condesa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Hi

Apologies for the mis-information.   Surrey History Centre confirmed the record existed.  However the document is actually held in the archives at the Museum of Croydon.

["We hold a Coroners Inquisition File for James William Chapman, No. 127, 11/05/1927 (COR/1/3/127). You can view this item in person at the Research Room but you will need to book an appointment."]

Museum of Croydon,
Croydon Clocktower
Katharine Street
Croydon
CR9 1ET

Tel: 020 8253 1023
Web: www.museumofcroydon.com
Email: Archives@croydon.gov.uk

Opening times:  Tuesday-Saturday 10.30am - 17.00pm

Thanks in advance.

Susan