Author Topic: George Daly Royal Munster Fusiliers  (Read 367 times)

Offline Jack TT

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
George Daly Royal Munster Fusiliers
« on: Sunday 10 March 19 15:05 GMT (UK) »
Can anyone assist with research on George Daly, B 1897. Died 1928.
Served with Royal Munster Fusiliers no:7186, wounded, applied for pension around 1919.
Last address Francis street , Tralee, Kerry , Ireland.

Thank you

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
Re: George Daly Royal Munster Fusiliers
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 10 March 19 18:20 GMT (UK) »
What exactly are you trying to find?
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jack TT

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 11 March 19 08:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Anything apart from the information I have, only recently found out he was my grandfathers brother, found a letter from War pensions,dated 1927 saying that he did not appeal within 12 months. Apart from that I only know he was with RMF and assume his number 7186 from letter.

Offline MaxD

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 11 March 19 15:08 GMT (UK) »
As a starter, his medal card is here at the National Archives http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/D2072834 which you can download for £3.50.  He was invalided out 19 Jan 1919 with a Silver War Badge.  The record of his SWB, enlisted 21 May 1917, is on Findmypast if you have a subscription https://www.findmypast.co.uk/transcript?id=GBM/SILVERWAR/BADGES/146757.  T

Both cards and the Munster's medal roll (2nd battalion) are on Ancestry if you have a subscription? The pesnsion records are also on Ancestry in the additional subscription bit called Fold3.   There appear to be no other records for him, some 60% of WW1 records were lost in WW2.  If you don't have a sub, see if there is a trial sib avaailable or if a local library has access.

MaxD
I am Zoe Northeast, granddaughter of Maximilian Double.

It is with great difficulty I share with you that in the early hours of 07 August 2021, Maximilian passed away unexpectedly but peacefully.

With deep sadness,
Zoe

Double  Essex/Suffolk
Randle/Millington Warwicks
Sokser/Klingler Austria/Croatia

Offline Jack TT

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 11 March 19 15:50 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Max.
I am paying a visit to Kew over the next couple of weeks and will focus my time on the areas you have identified.
He is the 3rd brother that served in WW1 2nd.Btn, RMF. 1 was KIA in 1915 , the other died in 1954.