Author Topic: Trying to make contact with Rootschat member bradfordpal about the Bradford Pals  (Read 651 times)

Offline tessajoe

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hi
My name is Steve Barraclough I am a member of the Bus to Bradford group. The 'Bus to Bradford' group was set up in 2012 to publicise Bradford's part in the Great War through links with Bradford City football club, the group continues to encourage people to discover more about Bradford's part in the Great War by articles, publicising events and assisting members to trace family soldiers who fought and fell in this conflict.
One of the resources that I used to research soldiers who were in the 1st and 2nd Bradford Pals was an excellent web site bradfordpals1914-1918.co.uk which has now gone, talking to another member of the Bus group he said the site was set up by a gentleman with the surname * so the profile of rootschat member bradfordpal fits.
So I would like to make contact with him to maybe get the site back up.

[* Moderator edit: identifying information redacted to protect personal privacy]

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Hi and welcome to RootsChat, if you type BrafordPal into the search box at the top of the page, his post will come up. If you make one more post you will be able to send him a personal message. You do this by clicking on the text icon beneath his name on the left.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Hi there, Welcome  :D

Here is his profile : https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=122883

As Carol said,  if you make one more post, you will be able to send him a personal message.

Your reply could be just one word ... eg 'Hi'

I have sent a PM to bradfordpal to alert him to this thread.  :D  His profile shows he has not been online recently, but his email should receive an alert mentioning there has been a post on this thread and it should also receive an alert mentioning there is a PM awaiting him. 

Fingers crossed.

Cheers, from NSW Australia.
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline tessajoe

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to make contact with Rootschat member bradfordpal about the Bradford Pals
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 14 March 19 19:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Thanks for your help in trying to make contact