Author Topic: Telstra  (Read 328 times)

Offline Jackiemh

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Telstra
« on: Monday 11 March 19 21:17 GMT (UK) »
Is anyone else having problems with Telstra? When I try to look at my emails, all I get is "cannot retrieve emails, try again later".
Jackie
Bateman, Baylis, Bellotti, Bower (Stillgebauer), Cattermole, Chester, Dullage, Felix, French, Garrett, Gilbert, Harding, Haynes, Hazelwood, Plume, Rudge, Strickson, Warren, Whitehead, Whitehorn

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline matthewj64

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Telstra
« Reply #1 on: Monday 11 March 19 22:07 GMT (UK) »
Check here for Telstra outages
https://outages.telstra.com.au/#

M

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Jackiemh

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 11 March 19 23:50 GMT (UK) »
It must have been a temporary thing as it is working normally now but thanks for the link to Telstra outages.
Jackie
Bateman, Baylis, Bellotti, Bower (Stillgebauer), Cattermole, Chester, Dullage, Felix, French, Garrett, Gilbert, Harding, Haynes, Hazelwood, Plume, Rudge, Strickson, Warren, Whitehead, Whitehorn

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 11 March 19 23:53 GMT (UK) »
Every time I see a Telstra ad for their 5G network I have to laugh. They can't even get full coverage for the 4G one. I still get black spots in regional Australia.
Very poor.
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Carrington, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Bentham, Holloway, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Yorks, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

Offline Jackiemh

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 12 March 19 02:35 GMT (UK) »
Maybe Telstra thinks they can bambozzle us with all their advertising!
All this fantastic technology but they seem to be skimping on the basics.
Jackie

Offline a chesters

• RootsChat Veteran
  • A C age about 8! Whats next?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 12 March 19 03:57 GMT (UK) »
Son lives in the northern suburbs of Sydney, and simply cannot get mobile coverage, 2,3,4,5G.

The fact he is down the bottom of a gully, in theory, should not matter, but to get coverage in some spots would need extra stations for just a couple of people.

Offline andrewalston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My granddad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 12 March 19 15:26 GMT (UK) »
The highest town in England, which shares its name with my family, is currently being upgraded to 5G.

Of course, this isn't being done by any of the major providers, but by a community-based enterprise. In a lot of the area you can't get a mobile phone signal of any type, but the locals can have a silly-speed data connection.

Unfortunately, the UK currently forbids within-country roaming, so visitor's don't get full benefits, though the wifi in their accommodation is likely to have impressive speeds.
Looking at ALSTON in south Ribble area, ALSTEAD and DONBAVAND/DUNBABIN etc. everywhere, HOWCROFT and MARSH in Bolton and Westhoughton, PICKERING in the Whitehaven area.

Census information is Crown Copyright. See www.nationalarchives.gov.uk for details.

Offline a chesters

• RootsChat Veteran
  • A C age about 8! Whats next?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 12 March 19 20:45 GMT (UK) »
Unfortunately, the UK currently forbids within-country roaming, so visitor's don't get full benefits, though the wifi in their accommodation is likely to have impressive speeds.

WHAT :-X :-X :-X :-X

You had better have words of the appropriate sort with ALL politicians, and tell them to be as good as the old colony, which does allow roaming.

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 12 March 19 22:00 GMT (UK) »
Their answers to lack of coverage are usually the weather, or my phone. Funny thing is, it always happens in the same spots: just past Yongala, near Caltowie, and around Gladstone. Even mobile coverage can be affected.
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Carrington, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Bentham, Holloway, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Yorks, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.