Author Topic: 'a' to left of name on 1919 Electoral register  (Read 322 times)

Offline ReadyDale

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 'a' to left of name on 1919 Electoral register
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 12 March 19 17:11 GMT (UK) »
They are similar to the normal Electoral Roll. So are arranged by address. But (certainly the ones I have seen) are significantly shorter, so are pretty easy to look though visually.
It helps to know the ward and address details, but as you have the main ER info already this wont be a problem.

If you have ancestry, look at an example on from there (easy to find via the card index) to give you an idea.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Chris Doran

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 12 March 19 17:48 GMT (UK) »
I don't know about Camberwell registers, but here the AVLs are a few pages bound into the end of the volume. You might try scrolling all the way forward, though if they've been scanned and indexed I'd expect him to come up in a search.
Researching Penge, Anerley, (incuding the Crystal Palace) and neighbouring parts of Beckenham, currently in London (Bromley), formerly Surrey and/or Kent.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Nats185

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 13 March 19 09:49 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your help everyone, I have found the correct absent voter list I think but can't find him in there. I have managed to find his naval service record though so I don't think the AVL would be able to give me any more information than I have there.
Bugden, Corri, Bussey, Skinner