Author Topic: Christian Sicke  (Read 1452 times)

Offline Vncrowe

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Christian Sicke
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 14 March 19 22:29 GMT (UK) »
Thank you trish1120 and bbart. Just to add to the mix, a Samuel WOOlfe was born to Robert WOOlfe and Christian WOOlfe 6 March 1654 St Dunstan in the East London - from Parish Register. Then from Quaker bmd register Quarterly Meeting of London & Middlesex Burials (1661-1700) a Samuel WOlfe born abt 1654, buried at age 13, on 23 Feb 1667 Checker Alley England. He was the son of “Widdow Christian WOlfe in White Chapel”. 
Anyway, seems that Trevers was not Christian’s maiden name, so there are people in my tree who shouldn’t be there.
Once again, Thankyou everyone for your time and assistance. Always appreciated.

Offline jomcd967

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 14 March 19 22:37 GMT (UK) »
Following the marriage of William Sicke & Christian Howkins found by Trish, there is a burial 4 April 1645 for William Sikes at St Peter upon Cornhill, this fits with the place of abode given for Christian at her marriage to Samuel Trevers just four months later!

Jo :)
Puplett, Sonnex, Lott, Dunkiss, Hart - London area.
Hudson, Jenner, Dedman - Sussex
Leach, Hopkins, Saunders - Wales
Leach, Lipscombe - Hampshire
Sipthorpe - Lancashire
Walters - Cornawall & Australia
Kingshott, Matheson, Pitt, McDonald, Keogh - Australia.

Offline Vncrowe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 14 March 19 23:04 GMT (UK) »
Thank you jomcd967. Appreciate that info. I guess it was hard on women in those times without a husband or support from another source, hence the short mourning period.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 15 March 19 11:52 GMT (UK) »
Well a lot has happened since I posted and then went to bed and work!

Thank you bbart for your extensive research to confirm my theory.
Lots of interesting info there.

And also to you Jo for that Burial for William Sikes that is very important to confirm earlier Marriage for Christian.

Yes Garsonite I wish I could go back that far in my Tree also

Yes she did seem to have bad luck with Husbands and Women did not have many options in those times and remarried quickly.
Men also did if they had young children.

A question for Vncrowe.

How/Why does Christian appear in peoples Trees?

She only appears to have 2 Children Mary Travers 1646 and Samuel Woolfe 1654

As they both died young how are people descended from her?

Or am I missing something ???

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Vncrowe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 15 March 19 15:34 GMT (UK) »
In answer to your questions Trish, the trees I have viewed on Ancestry and there are at least a dozen of them, have Christian as Christian Trevers born 1633 at St Dunstan in the East Aldate London died 1697 St Giles Cripplegate London. Don’t know where those particulars came from. Nobody seems to have relevant records. As for Samuel Wolfe, I can’t see that he would have had any offspring, so, exactly, as you said, how could anyone have descended from Christian and Robert Wolfe. There is a record of a Samuel Wolfe dying 1727 and buried at St Giles Cripplegate London. He was a pensioner and I don’t know where he came from and when or who his parents were. All these questions about Christian opened up to me only a few days ago. I am now convinced that the Christian and Robert Wolfe in question have nothing to do with my Wolfe family, so they will be taken off my tree. Thank you everyone for your time and assistance with this matter. I reckon you folks are terrific.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 15 March 19 15:48 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that explanation.

All the best with your Tree now you seem to have excluded Christian/Robert Woolfe :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline bbart

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 15 March 19 17:07 GMT (UK) »
the trees I have viewed on Ancestry and there are at least a dozen of them, have Christian as .....

That is probably due to "tree copying".  One person makes an error, someone copies it, then people copy those trees, and it ends up a giant pyramid of errors.

If your Wolfe family ever pops up in Liverpool, give a shout!  I've done quite a bit on the Wolfe's of Liverpool/Toxteth Park area.

Good luck!