Author Topic: 1921 Census; anyone excited (or unexcited) ?  (Read 2706 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1921 Census; anyone excited (or unexcited) ?
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 14 March 19 14:33 GMT (UK) »
I must admit I am very excited at the prospect of seeing the 1921 census.   :D
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline diplodicus

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Remember, no great adventure started with salad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 14 March 19 14:38 GMT (UK) »
Well, the 1911 census revealed I had found the wrong paternal grandfather and so had to delete several HUNDRED "ancestors" from my tree. I look forward to the next census with a sense of apprehension but also some excitement.

As already mentioned, this is the first census with both my parents on it so I will see my father with his family in Sunderland before they moved south in 1928/9. There will be many people I will have known in my childhood (in the fifties).

This 1921 release will complete the England & Wales census releases for my lifetime unless I live to be 154.
Thomas, Davies, Jones, Walters, Daniel in Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion. That should narrow it down a bit!
Vincent: Fressingfield, Suffolk, Stockton & Sunderland.
Murtha/Murtaugh: Dundalk & Sunderland
Ingram: Cairnie by Huntly, Scotland then Abergavenny, Monmouthshire.
Bardouleau: London - in memory of my stepmother Annie Rose née Bardouleau who put up with a lot from me.
gedmatch.com A006809
Kit uploaded to familytreedna.com B171041
Y-DNA R-M269 & mtDNA U5b1f

Offline Ellenmai

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 14 March 19 14:52 GMT (UK) »
I haven't been able to trace my Great Grandfather's younger years or find his birth family due to different DOB & ages on the 1901 & 1911 Census, 1939 Register also Marriage Certificate. So I wait in anticipation to see what comes up on the 1921 Census, perhaps I will find him at last!

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 14 March 19 14:59 GMT (UK) »
Well, the 1911 census revealed I had found the wrong paternal grandfather and so had to delete several HUNDRED "ancestors" from my tree. I look forward to the next census with a sense of apprehension but also some excitement.

As already mentioned, this is the first census with both my parents on it so I will see my father with his family in Sunderland before they moved south in 1928/9. There will be many people I will have known in my childhood (in the fifties).

This 1921 release will complete the England & Wales census releases for my lifetime unless I live to be 154.

BIB Are you sure? The next census after the 1921 should be the 1951 census in 2052 shouldn't it? if so that would make you 121 now.

My plan is to stop after the 1921 census is released. I have found out more than I ever thought likely and what I have not found out by 2022 someone else can look for  ;)
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline diplodicus

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Remember, no great adventure started with salad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 14 March 19 15:08 GMT (UK) »
Oops. I am seventy-one and decline to attempt any further arithmetical peregrination.
Thomas, Davies, Jones, Walters, Daniel in Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion. That should narrow it down a bit!
Vincent: Fressingfield, Suffolk, Stockton & Sunderland.
Murtha/Murtaugh: Dundalk & Sunderland
Ingram: Cairnie by Huntly, Scotland then Abergavenny, Monmouthshire.
Bardouleau: London - in memory of my stepmother Annie Rose née Bardouleau who put up with a lot from me.
gedmatch.com A006809
Kit uploaded to familytreedna.com B171041
Y-DNA R-M269 & mtDNA U5b1f

Online Kiltpin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stand and be Counted
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 14 March 19 15:10 GMT (UK) »
Not so much a brick wall, but rather an annoying mystery. A family in my wife's tree went from being very wealthy (two dwelling houses and five commercial premises) on the south coast in 1911 to abject poverty and destitution in Hull in 1939. By 1945 they had all managed to get themselves killed by enemy action. Whereas all the properties in the south were untouched. 

I am certainly looking forward to it. 

Regards 

Chas
Whannell - Eaton - Jackson
India - Scotland - Australia

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 14 March 19 15:13 GMT (UK) »
I'm biting at the bit wanting to see the Scottish 1921 census, as it should solve the problem of which "John Crum" nephew was living at a specific address and thus was the sole heir mentioned in the will of their Aunt Lillias.
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 14 March 19 15:17 GMT (UK) »
I am looking forward to see my Mother and some of her siblings on the 1921 census and also to learn a few bits of background information too. I already know about my Father in 1921 as he was born in St. John's NFLD and the 1921 census was release there years ago.

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 14 March 19 15:46 GMT (UK) »

BIB Are you sure? The next census after the 1921 should be the 1951 census in 2052 shouldn't it? if so that would make you 121 now.
That's very young for a diplodocus.  ;D
Speaking of ages, it will be interesting to see what age my Irish GF put. His age went backwards from 1901 census. By 1911 his age on census matched that of his younger sister in Ireland who had made a great leap forward, age-wise, from 1901 census.
I know where all the main people were in 1921, same place as their parents in 1911. Most of their grandparents died between 1911 and 1920.
Cowban