Author Topic: Add to 'Lives of the First World War' - time running out ..1201 am 19 March 2019  (Read 1472 times)

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Add to 'Lives of the First World War' - time running out ..1201 am 19 March 2019
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 16 March 19 20:20 GMT (UK) »
I learned only last November that a cousin of my GGF was killed in November 1916, right at the end of the Somme campaign. I'd lost track of him after 1901 census. I then learned from his life story on "Lives of the First World War" site that he was at a teacher training college in Yorkshire in 1911, then returned to his home town to teach at the local school. He married and set up home in the same street where his uncle had lived. I didn't know any of that. His name is on a memorial at his former college. The information was added to "Lives of the First World War" by a woman who has researched the names on the college memorial. The war memorial in his home town has no names. I've since found out that he had a son, born summer 1916.
Cowban

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Add to 'Lives of the First World War' - time running out ..1201 am 19 March 2019
« Reply #10 on: Monday 18 March 19 09:27 GMT (UK) »
This is great to hear that some of you have or intend to contribute to this website.  This is the last day to get contributions in. 

Hopefully, the link below will show a short film about this project for those who wish to know more.  :)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=76tyvFeVYkY&list=PLolzHiCNNbO_kFVs3k886H27X61fR2VGh&index=1#searching

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mwL2Mwm7gZg&index=4&list=PLolzHiCNNbO_kFVs3k886H27X61fR2VGh#searching
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 18 March 19 09:38 GMT (UK) »
What I find so sad about that site is that there are so many mentioned on there that have not been identified and are just listed with initials and service numbers.  If only more people had just confirmed full names and dates /places of birth for the records, you don't have to post their full service history
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk