Author Topic: Someone  (Read 2221 times)

Offline yeahyeah121212

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Someone
« on: Thursday 14 March 19 22:09 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
You may have seen a few posts out there from me, but I'm just wondering if anybody would be able to help me look into my family for gypsy/traveller heritage that I believe I have. I managed to trench through many familysearch records and find an Augustine Bearse, who was apparently a Romany gypsy, deported from England because of that and married a native american girl Mary. If anybody could please help me with this it would be extremely appreciated, I'm not looking for much help just someone who I can through things with.
Thank you.

(If we could perhaps work on something, then there could be a reward for you, not really anything in terms of money though).

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Someone
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 14 March 19 22:18 GMT (UK) »
Why do you think you are connected to Augustine Bearse (when, where, how?)

Offline yeahyeah121212

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 14 March 19 22:20 GMT (UK) »
I traced back through my great grandmother's side, who I believed to be gypsies anyway with a large amount of proof, and ended up with Augustine Bearse.

Offline yeahyeah121212

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 14 March 19 22:51 GMT (UK) »
Are you able to provide any assistance?

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 14 March 19 23:07 GMT (UK) »
If you google Augustine Bearse there is a lot of information out there including family trees.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline yeahyeah121212

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 14 March 19 23:23 GMT (UK) »
If you google Augustine Bearse there is a lot of information out there including family trees.
Carol
I have searched for this, however, I mostly need paid accounts on websites to access these family trees. And since he moved to America, I cannot exactly remember how he is connected to my family, but we are in England.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 14 March 19 23:36 GMT (UK) »
If you are unsure of the family connection and Without names and dates of your family, I'm not sure what it is that you want help with?
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline yeahyeah121212

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 14 March 19 23:41 GMT (UK) »
If you are unsure of the family connection and Without names and dates of your family, I'm not sure what it is that you want help with?
Carol
Right, I’ll try to explain the situation to you. My direct family line is Webb. My mother’s side is nothing to do with gypsies and travellers other than my maternal grandfathers surname being Corey. My paternal side however. Well my great grandmother is a Hillier. Now I believe this side to be full of Romany gypsies and just general gorgers. The Hillier side is where Bearse comes in and there is a lot of proof for being potentially Romany. Then my great great great grandmother. Esther Southwell. I believe this side to be a mix of Romany and Irish Traveller.

My main Webb family, however, are potentially gypsies, but the only things which set off that alarm are occupations etc.

If I provided dates and names would you be interested in any of these sides?

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 15 March 19 06:56 GMT (UK) »
' I mostly need paid accounts on websites to access these family trees. '

That is likely - research usually costs money, hobbies are not usually free.

'I cannot exactly remember how he is connected to my family'

Perhaps you should write down the family relationships in some form or other - there are free programmes out there to enter details.
 If you cannot remember, then are you going to record what we find?