Author Topic: Mary Ann Worth b.c. 1816 Ireland  (Read 158 times)

Offline Ellalaine

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mary Ann Worth b.c. 1816 Ireland
« on: Friday 15 March 19 08:57 GMT (UK) »
Have reached a dead end at the moment with Mary Ann. Her father was Samuel Worth. On several censuses she is cited as born in Ireland. She was married to a Mr Smith at some point before 1840. I cant find a record of this. Then she marries Nathaniel Warner and lives in Pulborough, Sussex, England working as a Baker. On a later census she is listed as Elizabeth Mary. I'm so confused. I would really appreciate some help with her origins especially the Irish connection. Many thanks
:)
Romany Gypsies, Holland, Orchard, Penfold, Smith all from West Country or travelling in Usa
Sussex Bargemen, Scutts, Warners of Pulborough, Sussex

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Ann Worth b.c. 1816 Ireland
« Reply #1 on: Friday 15 March 19 12:26 GMT (UK) »
Here is your previous thread re the Warners

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=795130.0

I am glad I have seen it as I was going to post some of the information already posted.
The children all have mmn Smith and I would have thought that if the maiden name was Worth, then that would have shown.

I was going to ask about Mary A’s marriage to Nathaniel but have found one in 1866 is that it? It is Carshalton and Mary Ann Smith’s father is shown as Samuel Worth.

There is this marriage in 1840 but close to 1841 where you have Nathaniel and Mary A together in Sussex  :-\

18th September 1840 St Mary’s Newington.

Robert Smith Widower Gardener Peckham, Father John Smith Gardener
Elizabeth Mary Worth spinster Peckham, Father Samuel Worth deceased.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Ann Worth b.c. 1816 Ireland
« Reply #2 on: Friday 15 March 19 12:36 GMT (UK) »
There is a baptism 1821 Newington, Surrey

Elizabeth Mary Worth born 1818 parents Samuel and Rosalind.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk