Author Topic: Parents of Frederick Clark Turner, baptised 1828, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire  (Read 938 times)

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Hoping someone can help me.

Marriage Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
Joseph Turner Bachelor, Mary Ann Clark Widower 7 Jun 1827. Witnesses Jane Thorp, William Woodman (transcription, not seen the original).

Since a second cousin and I have come up as DNA matches with 2 descendants of one of their children, Frederick Clarke Turner baptised 25 May 1828, it is perhaps reasonable to assume that my second cousin and I are connected through this family, certainly as a starting point.

Frederick Turner (no Clarke), parents Joseph and Mary Ann, baptised 25 May 1828, Father a butcher
Thomas Turner bap 12 May 1830, Father a butcher
Maria Turner bap 11 May 1832, Father a butcher
Elizabeth Turner bap 13 Feb 1835, Father a butcher
Alfred Turner bap 12 May 1836, Father a butcher, buried 17 May 1836, aged 3 weeks

Joseph Turner, 45, Accountant, N(ot born Bucks)
Mary Turner, 45, , N
Frederick 13, Thomas 11, Maria 9, Elizabeth 7, all born in Bucks
Address Walton, Aylesbury, Bucks

Joseph Turner, Lodger, Widowed, 56, Accountant, Born Atherstone, Warwickshire
Address Castle Street, Aylesbury, Bucks

Mary Ann Turner died 1845, aged 49
Joseph Turner died 1855, aged 61

What I am really looking for are suggestions for Mary Ann Clark's maiden name. As my second cousin and I have no connections to Warwickshire, but have plenty of connections to Aylesbury and surrounding areas, I think it is Mary Ann Clark who we need to look at, rather than Joseph Turner.
But with 1841 census showing her being born out of county, I am stumped.

P!ease excuse the length of this post, but didn't want anybody to look up what I already know.

Any suggestions anybody?

Regards Margaret
STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.go

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Parents of Frederick Clark Turner, baptised 1828, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
« Reply #1 on: Friday 15 March 19 11:38 GMT (UK) »
Guessing they would have had no younger children born c1837 or after so you could look up the mothers maiden name  :-\

I wonder if the witnesses names to the 1827 marriage would help?  Jane or William could have been a sibling so they might be worth investigating if you can  :)
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Online ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Parents of Frederick Clark Turner, baptised 1828, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
« Reply #2 on: Friday 15 March 19 13:28 GMT (UK) »
I don't anything about how DNA relationships work, but might it be Frederick Clarke Turner's wife that you are related to?
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 15 March 19 13:52 GMT (UK) »
ShaunJ, It could conceivably be through Frederick Clark Turner's wife, Elisheba Asenath Franklin, but she was born in Horningtoft, Norfolk - there again, we have no known connections to Norfolk.

I was first thinking the connection could be Clark, before I realised that Mary Ann Clark was a widow when she married Joseph Turner. I have a Clark family from that time and area.

Milliepede, I am currently investigating the marriage witnesses. I have found a Jane Thorp married to Thomas, living in Stone, Bucks 1841, another place that crops up in my tree. Not yet found her marriage, looking at present.

Regards Margaret

STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 16 March 19 14:30 GMT (UK) »
Spent a few hours researching Jane Thorpe, wife of Thomas Thorpe, from 1841 census, only to realise that this was a second marriage for Thomas, first wife Prudence died in 1838. Jane's maiden name was possibly Dodsworth, marriage 1840 in Hartwell.

So, back to the drawing board.

Regards Margaret