Author Topic: St Joseph RC Gateshead - images unlocked on Family Search  (Read 1820 times)

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
St Joseph RC Gateshead - images unlocked on Family Search
« on: Friday 15 March 19 17:32 GMT (UK) »
Not sure if it will last, but I've just got about 40 records so am doing the little happy dance here.

These records were locked last week, I know that Family Search must be doing some sort of work on the site as images have appeared and disappeared - and back again in the last few days. These 'may' be locked again when they have finished whatever they are doing, I have no idea.

If anyone want images for events in the available  time frame, now would be a good time to look :-)

https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/331871?availability=Family%20History%20Library

NB You will maybe have to be a bit patient as the thumbnails load, there are a lot of images per film.

Boo

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: St Joseph RC Gateshead - images unlocked on Family Search
« Reply #1 on: Friday 15 March 19 18:09 GMT (UK) »
Not just St Joseph's. There are loads of other records unlocked at the moment!
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 15 March 19 19:26 GMT (UK) »
Ah, that explains why I was able to access some yesterday that I expected to be locked. 

Everybody sssshhhh.. they might not notice :D
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 15 March 19 19:45 GMT (UK) »
Not just St Joseph's. There are loads of other records unlocked at the moment!

So I see, but I was particularly looking at St Joseph's to compile my list for the next time I can get to the FHC. I have now DECIMATED that list and have moved to looking elsewhere.
I'm like a child in a sweetie shop at the mo :-)

NB I doubt it will last,  but I am going to make the most of it while I can.

BOO

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 15 March 19 19:46 GMT (UK) »
Deleted (very sorry)
Please see Reply #7

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 15 March 19 19:48 GMT (UK) »
ooh that sounds interesting, thank you

Off to give it a go!

Boo

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 15 March 19 23:23 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks jonw65

I asked about the ones that appear to have been digitised but no camera icon when I was at the FHC the other week and they didn't know.
I'll pass the info along :-)

Boo

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 16 March 19 00:39 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks jonw65

I asked about the ones that appear to have been digitised but no camera icon when I was at the FHC the other week and they didn't know.
I'll pass the info along :-)

Boo

Might be an idea to not pass that info on.  I've been advised by Familysearch (from their technical support via a senior manager) that where there is a DGS number but no camera icon it is because they don't have permission to make the registers available even in the FHCs in that format under the original contract for microfilming, only via microfilm which is now no longer available.  It may well be an anomaly that shouldn't work and if you draw their attention to it, it will most likely get closed.
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 16 March 19 00:49 GMT (UK) »
I think they may have fixed the 'glitch', or at least some of it. 

I was mid-way through downloading an image and it went hay-wire, then when I went back in the images for that film are no longer available to view.
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.