Author Topic: Any info re birth of Richard Thompson/Thomson b 1809  (Read 953 times)

Offline SussexGenes

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Any info re birth of Richard Thompson/Thomson b 1809
« on: Saturday 16 March 19 20:13 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for any information about a Richard Thompson also known as Thomson born around 1809 in Warbleton- according to 1851 Census.  He died 1860 and is buried at Hadlow Down.  He married Sophia Relf in Heathfield in 1830.  Can't find him on 1841 census.  Is he the son of Abraham Thompson and Anne Deering/Dearing?  Many thanks,

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Any info re birth of Richard Thompson/Thomson b 1809
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 16 March 19 21:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi
For those trying to help
The marriage was 29 October 1830, Heathfield
Image of PR here if you are logged in as a free member
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HY-DR83-5V5?i=365&cat=691091

Sophia Thomson and children in Heathfield in 1841, on the same page as Abraham Thomson, etc
You may not have Richard at home in the census that year, but as a substitute here is the Heathfield Rates Book, 28 April 1841
It's actually very interesting!
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HT-D5G7-DH9?i=725&cat=691097

John

Offline SussexGenes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Any info re birth of Richard Thompson/Thomson b 1809
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 17 March 19 16:24 GMT (UK) »
John,

Many thanks for this.  It is interesting but I'm not sure it makes things any clearer.  The Abraham neighbour to Sophia on the Census is at Cowden Farm which is at Five Ashes but the Rates Book shows him at Street End which is modern day Broad Oak.  Both are Abraham the elder not the son.  Richard is obviously closely related to Abraham but still can't find he is his son.  It's a pity Abraham doesn't seem to have left a will.

I have also now seen the burial entry for Richard which has his name originally as Henry which is crossed out and changed to Richard.  I have now found a Henry baptised at Burwash in 1827 but with a birth year as 1809.  No parental information given presumably because he is an adult.  Is this my Richard???  Who knows?

Regards,