Author Topic: Dolly Annie Rosser and James Albert Rosser  (Read 421 times)

Offline Cockneyrebel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Dolly Annie Rosser and James Albert Rosser
« on: Sunday 17 March 19 12:09 GMT (UK) »
Might be looking for a needle in a haystack with this topic
Whilst searching the London electoral rolls, I found in 1936 at  95 Grosvenor Park, Camberwell Rd, Southwark, my 2nd cousin, Mary Ann Blanch Healey nee Rosser Kent who was a widow then living with her sister, Louisa Emma Healey Rosser, her mother Louisa Sarah Rosser nee Wynn but her father appears to be absent, James Healey Rosser. However there is Dolly Rosser and James Albert Rosser living at the same address, as well as a Henry Spencer.. I know nothing of these two Rossers' but wonder if they are connected in some way and not lodgers? I've searched Anc, Freebmd and the GRO indices for bms' but to no avail. At 1937-1938 they are still at the same address and Dolly has now added Annie to her name.
By 1939 Mary Ann has moved to 7 Denbigh Place, Westminster and her mother is still at 95 Grosvenor Pk with daughters Annie Florence and Louisa Emma and son James Alfred with Harry Spencer but her father is at the Fox & Hounds Inn, Tendring, Essex; I presume he and his wife must have separated as she didn't pass away until Q4 1941 registered Lambeth?
Cr
Rosser, Henderson, Chapman, Clarkson, Harper, Healey, Horth, Page, Bowers, Ritchie, Sheen, Smith and Weymark.

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Dolly Annie Rosser and James Albert Rosser
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 17 March 19 15:34 GMT (UK) »
However there is Dolly Rosser and James Albert Rosser living at the same address, as well as a Henry Spencer.. I know nothing of these two Rossers' but wonder if they are connected in some way and not lodgers? I've searched Anc, Freebmd and the GRO indices for bms' but to no avail.

Any clue how old they were?
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 17 March 19 16:04 GMT (UK) »
Louisa had a sister Annie and a brother James, might they be the Dolly and James found with them?

Would need to track them both to rule them out.
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline Cockneyrebel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 18 March 19 09:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Milliepede,
James Alfred Healey Rosser at 1939 was with his mother at 95 Grosvenor Pk, as was Annie Florence, they were aged 44 and 42 respectively. Do you think the recorders mixed up James' middle name as Albert at 1936 and maybe Dolly was a family name for Annie?
Cr
Rosser, Henderson, Chapman, Clarkson, Harper, Healey, Horth, Page, Bowers, Ritchie, Sheen, Smith and Weymark.

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 18 March 19 12:21 GMT (UK) »
Sounds logical doesn't it, if they were at the same address in 1936 and 1939 and there are no birth records for James Albert or Dolly I think you have the answer. 

Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline Cockneyrebel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 18 March 19 13:13 GMT (UK) »
Logically speaking, you're correct I think.
Cr