Author Topic: Connors/O Connor/Edmondson  (Read 1141 times)

Offline BreKehoe

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Connors/O Connor/Edmondson
« Reply #9 on: Monday 18 March 19 14:28 GMT (UK) »
Just replying to the original message, The woman in question would have been a grand aunt of mine and as the original message says she moved away from home in Carlow but I  don't  know where,
Only information I  have is:
a photo of a woman and probably  her husband sitting outside a house on chairs with a girl about 8 years old standing between them in all white dress, stocking and shoes .
Hard to know what age the couple are mid 40s to 60
Also on back of photo it says England.
If this rings a bell with anyone would love to hear from them

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 18 March 19 14:32 GMT (UK) »

Does anyone actually KNOW if she is maternal granny or paternal granny?
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline noland01

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 18 March 19 15:42 GMT (UK) »

Does anyone actually KNOW if she is maternal granny or paternal granny?

The person in question would have been an aunt to the persons father ie a sister to his grandmother so therefore his paternal side
McDonnell McDonald Gorman Cronley Colman Deegan Dunne Maher Dempsey Conlon Griffin Bergin Lalor Keys Bonham Brennan Hart(Laois) Nolan Byrne O Byrne Brady Mullen Hanaway Brennan Keeffe Reddy (Carlow)
O'Neill Doyle Donnelly Devlin  (Tyrone) Connor, Burbidge,McNally (Dublin)Hannon McCarthy (Tipperary)Healy Miley Treacy (Wicklow)Kelly (Kildare)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 18 March 19 18:05 GMT (UK) »
Just replying to the original message, The woman in question would have been a grand aunt of mine and as the original message says she moved away from home in Carlow but I  don't  know where,
Only information I  have is:
a photo of a woman and probably  her husband sitting outside a house on chairs with a girl about 8 years old standing between them in all white dress, stocking and shoes .
Hard to know what age the couple are mid 40s to 60
Also on back of photo it says England.
If this rings a bell with anyone would love to hear from them
If you think the woman moved away from Ireland and it says England on the back that would really be the local place to start looking for her.
Getting the photo dated would probably help confirm or rule out possible finds in the future, help figure out when she might have died, etc. Since your 2 top candidates were born 10 years apart dating would be useful to figure out which one it might be.
Have you searched for her in England in 1911 census? (often gives a more exact place of birth than Ireland). That census also asked married women how many years married, how many children living and how many children alive.
She might also appear in 1901 or 1891 census or even 1881 census.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 18 March 19 18:22 GMT (UK) »
1911 census has an Annie Edmondson (age 28 so born c1883) born Bagnalstown, Co. Carlow with husband William Bowe Edmondson and daughter Dora E. (age 1)- https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:X7JN-4SL

William Bowe Edmondson & Annie O'Connor married 1908 Kendal district. (see https://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl)
Dora Elizabeth Edmondson's birth registered Jan./Mar.1910 quarter- possible marriage in 1933.

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 18 March 19 18:44 GMT (UK) »

So the lady in question emigrated from Ireland to either UK, USA or perhaps Australia, or somewhere in the World and possiby married somewhere?

Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline noland01

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 19 March 19 15:47 GMT (UK) »
1911 census has an Annie Edmondson (age 28 so born c1883) born Bagnalstown, Co. Carlow with husband William Bowe Edmondson and daughter Dora E. (age 1)- https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:X7JN-4SL

William Bowe Edmondson & Annie O'Connor married 1908 Kendal district. (see https://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl)
Dora Elizabeth Edmondson's birth registered Jan./Mar.1910 quarter- possible marriage in 1933.

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Thanks for that.Looks like a very good possibility.
McDonnell McDonald Gorman Cronley Colman Deegan Dunne Maher Dempsey Conlon Griffin Bergin Lalor Keys Bonham Brennan Hart(Laois) Nolan Byrne O Byrne Brady Mullen Hanaway Brennan Keeffe Reddy (Carlow)
O'Neill Doyle Donnelly Devlin  (Tyrone) Connor, Burbidge,McNally (Dublin)Hannon McCarthy (Tipperary)Healy Miley Treacy (Wicklow)Kelly (Kildare)