Author Topic: Charles R and Elizabeth Mason  (Read 249 times)

Offline JJen

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Charles R and Elizabeth Mason
« Reply #9 on: Monday 18 March 19 20:53 GMT (UK) »
It would appear that Charles' father, Joseph Mason was also a cotton manufacturer. He was head of Marsden Mill. Nelson (as per newspaper article in 1930).

Joseph died 5 Nov 1935 at Thorleby House. He left quite a considerable amount of money in his will.

JJ

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline olives

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 18 March 19 22:07 GMT (UK) »
thatís got to be them. Iím just interested to know their future moves. Wonder what made them settle in Plymouth and then later move to Surrey.....🤔

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline olives

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 24 March 19 18:53 GMT (UK) »
Iíve just tried to find that article, JJ, but sadly some info on google has been removed (data protection reasons).

With Charles and Elizabeth Mason still in mind, Iím investigating the children of that marriage, I,e, Elizabeth J Mason (b Ď33) married a John Garcia in - 57.  Ive found three children of that marriage, but due to my restricted access to some sites, is anyone kindly able to see if there are any obvious family trees for these names? I know itís a big ask,but Iíd be extremely grateful if anyone can help any more. The children were Jacqueline P Garcia (Ď58). Garry L (Ď57) and Gillian Mary (Ď66). I realise that any of them might still be living, but all Iím looking for are trees.