Author Topic: That ONE family  (Read 1214 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: That ONE family
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 19 March 19 22:41 GMT (UK) »
Try sorting out a bunch called Crimes ...

:) ... or DEATH ....

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 

Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.

Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Nanna52

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Edwin WB Vincent, my actor, (1881-1940)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 19 March 19 22:51 GMT (UK) »
I have a different problem in that I am searching the surnames of Vincent and James.  Even though I carefully place James and Vincent in the surname box I get everyone with James and Vincent anywhere  in their names and there are soooo many.
James -Victoria, Australia originally from Keynsham, Somerset.
Heale/Hale - Keynsham, Somerset
Vincent - Illogan/Redruth, Cornwall.  Moved to Sculcoates, Yorkshire; Grass Valley, California; Timaru, New Zealand and Victoria, Australia.
Williams somewhere in Wales - he kept moving
Ellis - Anglesey

Gedmatch A327531

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline carol80

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 20 March 19 01:34 GMT (UK) »
My mother-in-law was Mary Love.  I get everything to do with love. I mistakenly put Looking For Love family into google. Got heaps of information on different webs sites to try not one of them had anything to do with the surname i was looking for
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Stonehouse(York,Durham,Canada)Laurie(Scotland,York)Biddiss(All)Love(Scotland,Australia) Byers(Durham)Demaine(York)Dennison(York)Raine(Durham)Jefferson(Durham)Muir(Durham)
Johnston (Scotland)Hunter(Scotland)Johnson(York)
and many more.

Offline Erato

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 20 March 19 01:45 GMT (UK) »
And I have Worthy Banks.  You'd be surprised how many credit worthy or not very credit worthy banks there are.
Wiltshire:  Banks, Taylor
Somerset:  Duddridge, Richards, Barnard, Pillinger
Gloucestershire:  Barnard, Marsh, Crossman
Bristol:  Banks, Duddridge, Barnard
Down:  Ennis, McGee
Wicklow:  Chapman, Pepper
Wigtownshire:  Logan, Conning
Wisconsin:  Ennis, Chapman, Logan, Ware
Maine:  Ware, Mitchell, Tarr

Offline tom mix

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 20 March 19 06:50 GMT (UK) »
Try

DONOUGHER. with all its variations and combinations. Lancashire/Liverpool based and lots of information, but I wonder what I may have missed by spelling complications.

Alan

Donougher, Bawden, Cahill, Mahon(e)y, Williams,
Kirby, Woods, Faherty

Offline CarolA3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My adopted home
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 21 March 19 10:12 GMT (UK) »
OH's family name is the same as a Yorkshire town, so newspaper searches bring up dozens of irrelevant results.  (I haven't yet found a link between the family and the town.)

One of my lines has the name of a farm animal, which brings up some interesting agricultural information but nothing of use to me.

Another one of mine is PRIOR ................................................... ::)

Carol
OXFORDSHIRE / BERKSHIRE
Bullock, Cooper, Boler/Bowler, Wright, Robinson, Lee, Prior, Trinder, Newman, Walklin, Louch

Offline Xinia :)

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • STATIC AVATAR
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 21 March 19 15:57 GMT (UK) »
Now I am working a doppleganger family :::::: argh

two husbands Walter two wives AGNES  children similar ages 

there name is STANNER

Walter and Agnes and they have a large brood somewhere between Pincuik and Auchterderan

but FAMILY names must be kept

so the only thing I have to keep reminding myself is that my AGNES IS MARTIN not CAIRNS  and that does help a little ... ohhh both fathers are coal miners... and and and.. a oh... 
they are at one point written down as STONEHOUSE I am sure it is them.. but this is so phew......

xin

Offline lmfamilyresearch

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 21 March 19 16:19 GMT (UK) »
For me it's William Wood from Scotland.  Have no clue where in Scotland, I only know he's from Scotland because of the burial entry at the cemetery where he's buried (just outside of Toronto).

Side note:
@Stitchwitch, love the Moomintroll profile picture  :)
Bennett, Bowling, Braedine/Brodie, Bulmer, Burns, Cochrane, Devlin, Ellis, Garth, Henderson, Holm/Holmes, Kershaw, Masson, McClernon/McLaren/MacLaren, McComb, McKee, Pitt, Rawood, Riddel, Robinson, Whitaker, Wood

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 21 March 19 16:36 GMT (UK) »
Tbh I think all of my families have driven me to despair at one time or another.

Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others