Author Topic: POWs Stalag 20b  (Read 115 times)

Offline mickawinn

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
POWs Stalag 20b
« on: Thursday 21 March 19 12:02 GMT (UK) »
This is a playing card which belonged to Harry Russell. He was a prisoner at Stalag 20b and these are the names of some of his fellow prisoners. Not sure of the date of the card but he was repatriated in 1943. I am interested in trying to find some information about these men. I have found details of Roy Liebermann but cannot be sure that the entries of some of the others on the Prisoner of War list on Findmypast are the right ones. I think that E Evans is Eric and R Preston is Ronald. I am also looking for a Jack Parry from Liverpool who was an orderly at the hospital. Are there any lists for this camp or any other sources I can try? Any help would be appreciated.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline MaxD

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: POWs Stalag 20b
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 21 March 19 14:53 GMT (UK) »
6345746 Pte J C Parry of the Royal West Kents comes up in a POW list as being in 20b.  (Ancestry) as is 6346111 Pte EA Preston also RWK , as is E Evans of the Cheshires.  Whether these are yours don't know and there are others with similar initials and surnames.  I'd suggest you take a look at the lists, I didn't check the hundreds of names and the lists aren't searchable by camp number.

MaxD
Double  Essex/Suffolk
Randle/Millington Warwicks
Sokser/Klingler Austria/Croatia

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline mickawinn

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: POWs Stalag 20b
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 21 March 19 16:31 GMT (UK) »
No that was the problem. There were several that fit the bill but I have no way of differentiating them.