Author Topic: POWs Stalag 20b  (Read 437 times)

Offline mickawinn

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
POWs Stalag 20b
« on: Thursday 21 March 19 12:02 GMT (UK) »
This is a playing card which belonged to Harry Russell. He was a prisoner at Stalag 20b and these are the names of some of his fellow prisoners. Not sure of the date of the card but he was repatriated in 1943. I am interested in trying to find some information about these men. I have found details of Roy Liebermann but cannot be sure that the entries of some of the others on the Prisoner of War list on Findmypast are the right ones. I think that E Evans is Eric and R Preston is Ronald. I am also looking for a Jack Parry from Liverpool who was an orderly at the hospital. Are there any lists for this camp or any other sources I can try? Any help would be appreciated.

Offline MaxD

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: POWs Stalag 20b
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 21 March 19 14:53 GMT (UK) »
6345746 Pte J C Parry of the Royal West Kents comes up in a POW list as being in 20b.  (Ancestry) as is 6346111 Pte EA Preston also RWK , as is E Evans of the Cheshires.  Whether these are yours don't know and there are others with similar initials and surnames.  I'd suggest you take a look at the lists, I didn't check the hundreds of names and the lists aren't searchable by camp number.

MaxD
I am Zoe Northeast, granddaughter of Maximilian Double.

It is with great difficulty I share with you that in the early hours of 07 August 2021, Maximilian passed away unexpectedly but peacefully.

With deep sadness,
Zoe

Double  Essex/Suffolk
Randle/Millington Warwicks
Sokser/Klingler Austria/Croatia

Offline mickawinn

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: POWs Stalag 20b
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 21 March 19 16:31 GMT (UK) »
No that was the problem. There were several that fit the bill but I have no way of differentiating them.