Author Topic: Harriet Seaton b1812, Stilton  (Read 1138 times)

Offline Jac2308

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Harriet Seaton b1812, Stilton
« on: Saturday 23 March 19 12:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi, is there anyone out there who might be able to help.

I am looking to find the names of the parents for a Harriet Seaton b1812, and who was it that she married.  Trying to piece together a puzzle and she seems to be a key piece! 

Thank in advance for any help advice given.

Jackie

Online ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Harriet Seaton b1812, Stilton
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 23 March 19 13:22 GMT (UK) »
Hello Jackie
Harriet was baptised 28 May 1812 to Richard and Mary Seaton nee Cropley
Richard was a fishmonger born c 1767 living in Fen St 1841

She married an Elijah Markley b c 1810  Bricklayer and they eventually moved to Aston,Birmingham.
Does that help?
And what's the puzzle?

ps a picture of her brother Francis born 1807 is on Ancestry family trees
other siblings William 1798,Mary Ann 1800,and Richard 1809

Ciderdrinker

Offline Jac2308

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Harriet Seaton b1812, Stilton
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 23 March 19 16:08 GMT (UK) »
Thank you ever so much for this information.

Ok, the puzzle is this.  I am a Seaton descendent (I have posted a few times on Rootschat when I do not know where to turn next!).  I have DNA tested about 15 family members (Seaton descendents) and am in touch with a good few descendents of my 4th Gt Grandparents Francis Seaton and Sarah Cole, who have given me access to their DNA results to try and further the research.  Well, a good number of us have DNA matches to descendents of Harriet Seaton.  It is thought that there is no connection between my Seaton's and the other Seaton family in Stilton, but I think DNA is proving this theory wrong.  So far I have not been able to work out who the parents of my 4th Gt Grandfather Francis Seaton is.  All that is known is that he was born in the county of Huntingdonshire.  With these DNA matches, and the research of others, I am hoping that I will eventually be able to 'plot' it out to find the common ancestor between the two Seaton families of Stilton, and eventually find out who my 5th Gt Seaton Grandparents are.   The information here that you have posted is most useful.  So thank you once again Rootschat!